Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Saturday 9-26 Beautiful Fall Day


 

We started the day out with a little fog. Once the fog lifted we had clear skies and a lot of sunshine. It got up to 85 degrees.

We spent the day putting polyurethane on the pieces of the cabinet. I helped Larry by working on the boards that only needed one coat. Larry worked on the boards that he wanted to put three coats on. On the boards that are having multiple coats Larry waited a couple of hours between each coat. Once all the coats were on and dry Larry flipped the boards and applied the same amount of coats on the other side. We started at 8:30 in the morning and Larry finished around 4:30. It was a long day of applying polyurethane. The poly will need to sit until Monday before we can reassemble the cabinet.

 

Applying polyurethane on the cabinet pieces

The boards waiting to be polyurethane on the last side

Some of the boards waiting for their second coat

 

While Larry was applying the second coat of polyurethane I played Solitaire, I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 3 Spider and 3 Pyramid. It took me 17 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group.

After playing my computer games I read a couple of chapters of the White Siege on my Kindle. After Larry called it a day we watched YouTube videos and an episode of the GizWiz.

In the evening we attended a special virtual square dance. It was the Canadian Callers Festival, Loren Smith invited callers from all over Canada to zoom in and call. The festival was three hours long, it started at 7:00 pm and was over at 10:00 pm. The schedule was 1.5 hours of Mainstream/Plus and 1.5 hours of A2/C1. The first session had 106 participants and the second had 86 participants. We zoomed in at 7:30 and I danced the Mainstream/Plus by myself. The callers called one tip of plus and eight tips of mainstream. The second session the callers called nine tips. The tips rotated, two A2 tips and one C1. The festival gave us an opportunity to dance with different callers in Canada. We had a super time.

 


 

Then I watched an episode of Columbo. I ended up doing 16,000 steps for the day, which put me in 10th place in my group with 127,000 steps.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth