Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Wednesday 9-23 Another Overcast Day

Overcast Day

 

We had a mild, overcast day, it didn't get out of low 70's. We also had a slight breeze.

In the morning we did a few errands. The first stop was the UPS Store to pick up our mail, it had been over a week since we last got our mail. Next, we stopped at the Dollar Tree and then we went to The Home Depot. Larry had bought some stain for our cabinet, yesterday he tested it on a small piece of scrap material and didn't really like the color, he found another stain but our local The Home Depot didn't carry it so off to Killeen we went. They had three in stock so Larry bought a can. 

While we were in Killeen we stopped at Aldi. We hadn't been to Aldi in about a year. This was my first time inside a grocery store in over six months. My birthday is Friday and I like some products that are only sold in Aldi. I decided on what I wanted for my birthday lunch. While we were walking around we bought dessert and a few other items. Aldi was very busy. The clerk checking us out told us that is always busy on Wednesday because it's the day their ads come out. The Killeen store is newer but smaller than our store in Temple, we have never seen our store that busy, of course we actually don't shop at Aldi very often so maybe we have missed the busy times.

 

Doing errands

By the time we got home it was time for lunch. After lunch I did my Solitaire games, which were my Daily Challenges and the Event: Solitaire World Tour, which had 30 games. Today was called Eventsday, where all the puzzles in the event challenge you complete your points double. It took me 2 hours, 16 minutes and 34 seconds, which put in 10th place in my group.

While I was playing my Solitaire games Larry started staining the new cabinet. When I finished playing computer games I helped him. We worked on staining for about three hours. There were a few boards that needed a little fill before being stained. Tomorrow, we'll continue staining. This is going to be a long process, lots of pieces to stain and then we will have to apply polyurethane to them.

We attended Doren McBroom's weekly A2 dance. Doren had 19 participants. It was a small group but very nice. Doren didn't call too complex. He called five tips. We had a great time. 

Before and after the dance we worked on my Locomotive puzzle for about an hour and a half. We're almost done with the locomotive puzzle. We came across a problem because I had assembled a piece incorrectly and a rod couldn't go all the through an area it needed to go through. Larry figured out how to fix the problem without taking the whole locomotive apart. Thank you Larry.

Larry called his sister Louise to invite her out to celebrate my birthday on Friday. After he got off the phone we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched an episode of Columbo. I ended up doing 23,000 steps, which put me in 9th place in my group. I made my personal daily goal of 21,000 steps but I'm behind in my weekly challenge of 175,000 steps.

 

Relaxing in front of the television

 LIFE IS GOOD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth