Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Monday 9-14 Cabinet Project Begins


Smile and have fun


I woke up to an empty house, Larry was gone. Where did he go? Well, yesterday when we did our weekly grocery shopping we forgot to order a few items. Before I woke up he we went to Walmart. While in the store he bought a Cinnabon cinnamon marble cake. We had it for breakfast and snacked on it the rest of the day. The pieces were loaded with a lot of cinnamon, it was delicious.

It was suppose to be windy all day so it was a perfect day to start working on our cabinet project. First we setup our workstation, our 4' long plastic table. We put the miter saw on it  and cut the plywood into the lengths Larry wanted.  Once the pieces were cut we had to cut the pieces to the right width. The miter saw was taken off the table and out came the table saw. Then we were now ready to cut slots for shelves. Before Larry could cut the slots he had to double up the blades so the slots would be wide enough. Our table saw was able to cut six slots in the boards but it was not big enough to do the middle two slots. Larry got out the circular saw to do the middle two slots but he didn't have two saw blades the same size.

We went to Harbor Freight and bought the blades. While we were in town we swung by The UPS Store to pick up our mail. We had a couple of packages from The Home Depot Seeds Program waiting for us. When we got home in was 3:30. Now we're ready to continue the project in the morning.

Due to working on the cabinet we took the day off from virtual square dancing. After calling it a day we watched YouTube videos. 

I worked on my Solitaire games. I started out by doing the Daily Challenges of five different Solitaire games. Then I moved on to the Event: Easy Street Mini of five games. It took me 11 minutes and 40 seconds to complete, which put me in 26th place in my group. 

 


Playing Solitaire games       

 
In the evening we watched an Amazon documentary called Six Million Steps: A Journey Inward. It was about hikers walking the Pacific Crest Trail, it is stretches 2,650 miles, the length of the U.S. Pacific Coast from Canada to Mexico. It goes through three states, seven national parks and twenty-five national forests. The hikers vary in different ways of life and employment. They all had the same dream to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. In was very interesting. Then we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. I continued watching Hanna. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.
 
Relaxing in front of the television


   


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth