Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, September 28, 2020

Sunday 9-27 Super Sunday

Super Sunday

 

We had a super day. The weather was beautiful with blue skies and wind. The temperature got up to the high 80's.

In the morning we watched a couple of episodes of The GizWiz, which is a weekly technology show on YouTube. Dick DeBartolo, MAD Magazine's maddest writer and Chad Johnson both host the show, each week they have silly, unique, and crazy gadgets and gizmos. We have been following them for many years and enjoy watching the show. Over the years we have purchased a few of the gadgets they featured; such as a Mini Waffle Maker, Hoover Cover, Whiskware Batter Mixer, Perfect Egg and more.

 

Mini Waffle Maker
 
Hoofer Cover use when reheating food in microwaves

Whiskware Batter Mixer to mix pancake mix and measure the size you want

 

Perfect Egg, it tells you when your eggs are done

 

Today was Solitaire Sunday, where every Klondike game you solve your points are doubled. I did the Daily Challenges (one Klondike game) and the Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 18 minutes and 23 seconds to complete, which put me in 22nd place in my group.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first dance was Don Moger's weekly C1 dance at 11:00. We had 48 participants. He called seven tips. The fourth tip he did a workshop because he wanted to work on a couple of moves we had not done virtually. The moves were Relay The Top and Chain Reaction. These moves are four couple moves so you have to keep track of six phantoms. We did excellent. Don also went over a few more moves, that the dancers were having problems with because it has been over six months since we did them. The moves were Cross and Turn, Cross Chain Thru and Cross Chain and Roll. I was very happy he went over the moves because I had trouble learning them when I was in class a couple of years ago. We had a super time dancing to Don and with our virtual friends.

The second dance was Doren McBroom's weekly Plus DBD dance at 1:30. We had 31 participants. Doren invited Gary Felton to come and help him call the dance. They called six tips. This was the first time we danced to Gary and we had fun.

The third dance was Loren Smith's weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30. Loren called three A2 tips, where we had 36 participants. The third tip was a full square Larry sat out but I tried it by myself. After the A2 tips Loren did an introduction to C1 tip. This week he introduced dancers to three moves, Dixie Diamond, Step and Fold and Ah So. Then Loren called two C1 tips, we had 30 participants. We had an outstanding evening of dancing to Loren and friends.

In between the dances we watched YouTube videos. I read a couple of chapters of  the White Siege on my Kindle. We watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched an episode of Columbo. I ended up doing 22,000 steps, which gave me 149,113 steps for the week. I came in 10th place in my group.      

 

        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth