Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Friday 5-5-23 Home, Ett's Dance & More


We're home

After a couple of days at Mott Park on Baldwell Lake we headed home. I woke up early, 6:45 and made mini waffles for breakfast. Then we put things away and made sure everything was secure. We were on the road by 7:30.

On the way out Larry dumped the tanks. He drove 112 miles to get home. We drove two lane highways and I35. We saw a lot of wildflowers along the highways. We stopped and filled the Minnie with gas. We were home by 10:15. 

Once at home we emptied the Minnie. Larry took in the electronics. He turned on the water and backed up the documents and pictures that I worked on during our trip. When he turned on the bidet in the master bath it wouldn't turn completely off. He took it apart and found the problem. He had to order replacement parts. We can still use the it but just need to turn off the main water for a few seconds and turn it back on to reset a bad pressure switch. While Larry worked on the bidet I emptied the Minnie. It took me a couple of hours.

During our Spring Trip we were on the road for 27 days, drove 2513 miles, burned 227.21 gallons of gas, spent $1786.35 dollars. When we were in Arkansas we camped at a Downtown Little Rock RV Park. While in Tennessee we camped at Natchez Trace State Resort Park. In Kentucky we camped at Mammoth Cave National Park, Koomer Ridge Campground in Daniel Boone National Forest, Levi Wilderness Road County Park and Cumberland Falls Resort Park. We camped at Cumberland Gap National Park in Virginia. On the way home we camped at Mott Park on Baldwell Lake Corps of Engineers in Texas. While visiting each state we hiked, met friendly people and enjoyed doing fun things. We did some dry camping and used our solar panels to keep the batteries charged. 

Below are more sculptures from Vogel Schwartz Garden. 

Casimir Pulaski (1748-1779)

 

La Grand Pere by Dan Ostermiller

 

Cecil by Wayne Saige

After lunch we took the motorcycle off the carrier and put in the garage. Then we decided to take the Minnie back to storage. We went to the UPS Store and post office to pick up our mail. Our passports arrived today. We were excited. We have been waiting for them for three months. Now we can travel outside of the U.S.

Later in the afternoon we started to catch up on our YouTube videos we follow. It's going to take a bit because we were gone for a month.

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. The dance was called Dessert Dance, where dancers were asked to make their favorite dessert and share the recipe. I didn't know about it so I didn't make my favorite dessert (I don't even know what my favorite dessert is๐Ÿ˜€). Ett called four tips and had 15 participants. Everyone was happy to see me and I had a great time.

Ett's favorite dessert (Pennsylvania Dutch Funny Cake)

 

Dawn's favorite dessert (Saskatoon Berry Pie)

Kathryn's favorite dessert (Chocolate Chips Cake)

 

Megan's favorite dessert (Golden Gaytime)

 

Michael's favorite dessert (Honey Joys)

After the dance we started watching the 12th season of Call the Midwife on PBS. Then I started watching the 9th season of The Brokenwood Mysteries.

I played my games. The Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Experts Only Mini of 5 games. It took me 59 minutes and 5 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth