Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Wednesday 5-10-23 Dance Day & Other Stuff

 

A front came in late last night with steady rain. It didn't leave until the afternoon. The rain wasn't hard so it gave it time to soak in the ground. The high today was 74 degrees with a little breeze.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 13 participants. I only danced four of the tips because my next dance was immediately after this dance. During the dance Robin shared pictures from her visit with Terry and Di. I had a great time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Meeting our plus virtual dancers in the U.K.

Angie's background

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 dance at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle had a small group of 6 people. He noticed everyone was A2/C1 dancers so he changed his dance up. He called two tips of two couple A2, two tips of two couple C1 and one tip of four couple C1. Dayle is amazing, he works and two days a week he calls virtually during his lunch hour, somehow he can switch back and forth with ease. Today he could change from one level to another level of square dancing without any problems. Larry attended the dance with me. We had a super time dancing with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and a half. This week Ett called six tips to 20 participants. I was a little rusty because it has been a month since I danced C1 to Ett. She puts you in challenging positions and I dancing by myself I get confused. Ett's great about re calling sequences if we breakdown. I had fun dancing to her and friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 dance at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the A2 tips. The format was two tips of C1 with 8 participants, five tips of A2 with 12 participants and one tip of C1 with 7 participants. The last A2 tip Dave, Karin and Greg took turns calling it. In between the A2 tips we did some trivia. I had fun dancing to Dave, Karin and Greg and with friends.


    Square dancing with friends

Before the dances I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 59 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.

After Ett's dance I did some dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and a little bit of laundry.


 Doing chores

While I danced Larry continued working on his pinball hobby. He installed the Rock N Roll diner game on the arcade cabinet. I played the weekly challenge in pinball Cactus Canyon but didn't get a new high score.

I read for about an hour.

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of Carnival Row. Then I started to watch the second season of Endeavour. I ended up doing 26,000 steps.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth