Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Wednesday 5-24-23 Dance Day & More

 

Dancing Day

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They called five tips but I only did four. They took turns calling the dance to 17 participants. Di worked on four couple moves: Relay the Deucey, Coordinate, Track Two and Spin Chain the Gear. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called two tips of A1, two tips of A2 and one tip of four couple A2 to 12 participants. I danced by myself. Dayle put us in positions that were challenging and fun. He cued when necessary. I had a great time dancing to Dayle and with friends. 

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. She called five tips to 25 participants. She has her sequences written down so if they are requested to do over she can call it the same way. Ett spent the dancing working on Linear Action, Pass the Axle and the Axle. I had a fun time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno, Karin Rabe and Greg Moore's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. This week Dave Hutchinson came back to help call the dance for the summer. The format was two tips of C1 with 9 participants, five tips of A2 with 11 participants and one tip of C1 with 8 participants. The two Daves called the first C1 tip and Karin and Greg called the second tip. The first A2 tip was called by Dave Hutchinson. The second and fourth A2 tips were called by Karin and Greg. The third A2 tip was called by Dave Eno. The fourth A2 tip was called by the two Daves. The last C1 tip was called by the two Daves. In between the A2 tips we did some trivia. I had a super evening of dancing with friends. 

I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Spider and 3 Free Cell). It took me 15 minutes and 8 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played four games of pinball on the pinball cabinet: Medieval Madness, Mustang, Fast Break and Shrek. I hadn't played three of them in a long time so it was fun to see how well I did. I didn't get any new high scores but did very well. 

Fast Break

 

Mustang

 


 Shrek

When Larry needs to get under a vehicle he uses a creeper. He has had a wooden creeper for years, he has had it so long he can't remember where he bought it or when but it is more than 30 years old, maybe even 40. Well he was using it today and it broke. The wooden piece that you lay on cracked and buckled. He probably could have fixed it but he really wanted a new one with an adjustable headrest. After Ett's dance we went to Harbor Freight and bought one. It is much nicer than the old wooden one, it is made a lot better, it's padded, has an adjustable head rest and six nice wheels. The creeper is more stable and doesn't flip up when he gets off it. If it last as long as the last one it will certainly out last him.

New creeper 

 

Old creeper

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I finished watching the seventh season of Endeavor and started the eighth season. I ended up doing 15,000 steps. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth