Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, May 5, 2023

Thursday 5-4-23 Wildflowers at Mott Park & More Sculptures

 

Relaxing day of camping

We had a very relaxing day because there are no hiking trails at Mott park. 

We woke up our normal time. I made mini waffles for breakfast. Then we hung around the Minnie. Larry read and I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved onto the event, which was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Klondike and 10 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 43 minutes and 50 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group.

For lunch we had a salad. Afterwards Larry and I went for a walk. I dropped him off at the Minnie and continued walking for another hour and a half. I walked 5 miles and 12,000 steps. The walk was humid but had a breeze, that made it cool. I walked the loop for the day area four times. Then I walked the camping two loops four times. It was a little challenging because the park road goes up and down. As I was walking I took pictures of the wildflowers. I saw people fishing off their boats and on the banks. I saw a small sailboat. I talked to a camper. I had a great walk.

Sailing on Bardwell Lake

 

Pyrrhopappus (Desert-chicory)

White Evening

 

Texas Bluebonnets

Indian Paintbrush

Pinkladies

For the rest of the day we relaxed with a good book. 

Reading is relaxing and fun

Below are more sculptures from Vogel Schwartz Sculpture Garden.

Hula Hoop by Jane DeDecker

 

Blade by Pati Stajcar

Renewal Ritual by Denny Haskew

 

Legacy by Clay Enoch

 

Big Bill by Tim Cottorili

Little Sis by Jane DeDecker


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth