Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Tuesday 10-6 Another Building Project


The day started out with a little fog but it burned off around 10:00. The high today was in the mid 80's and sunshine. We had a gorgeous fall day.

A week ago we finished building a cabinet for the Cameo cutting machine and it has been working out excellent. As it cuts The Cameo machine feeds a mat through the machine, a large part of the mat hangs in the air and the weight of the mat causes it to hang down. To prevent this Larry has been using a board to support the mat and keep it flat, he believes this makes it cut better. Rather than continuing to use a board he decided to make a box. The box will also give him a small storage area to store the cutting blades. I helped him setup his miter saw. He used some scrap plywood. The lid of the box will be hinged so that he can easily open it. We didn't have the right size hinge so off to The Home Depot we went. Larry picked up a couple different types of hinges to see which one would work the best. After cutting the boards to size Larry put an edging on the boards and then sanded them. Next he stained the boards to match the color of the cabinet. The last step today was to put polyurethane on. Larry will finish the polyurethane tomorrow and then he will have to wait a couple of days to assemble the box. While Larry worked on the project I helped when needed.

 

Beautiful wildflowers on our neighbor lots
 

I did my Solitaire games. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini, which was 3 games of Klondike and 3 games of Spider. It took me 14 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in sixth place in my group. I read a bit.

In the evening we attended Don Moger's weekly A2 dance. We had 66 participants. Don called seven tips. We had a great time dancing to Don.

After the dance we watched two episodes of The Yorkshire Vet, this finished up the season. This was the last episode of The Yorkshire Vet until the next season. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.    

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth