Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Tuesday 10-20 Dentist and Dancing


 

We had an awesome day with sunshine and temperatures in the mid 80's, here it got to 85. 

I started the day out by going to the dentist at 10:00. Because it was my first visit I was there for an hour and a half. They looked at my x-rays and found I have some bone lose so they made recommended I use a rinse for dry mouth and come in every four months for a cleaning to get the problem under control. I had a deep cleaning done and have to go back in four weeks so they can check out the progress. I've done this before because for some reason I get a lot of build up on the lower teeth. The new dentist office is fantastic, it has all the updated equipment for x-rays and they display them on a big screen TV that you and the dentist can see. 

Visiting the dentist

While I was at the dentist Larry worked on making fall cards on the Cameo. He used different colors of paper for each one. The cards came out beautiful.


One of the fall cards

The other fall card

 

After lunch we went to town to pick up our mail at the UPS Store. While we were in town Larry went inside Walmart to pick up a few hobby related things. 

We attended two virtual square dances. The first was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 Workshops at 1:30. The workshops were an hour a piece and we had a fifteen minute break in between each session. Each session Di and Terry switched off calling. The A1 session had 29 participants. I danced this session by myself while Larry worked on his cards. Larry joined me for the A2 session, we had 26 participants. Di and Terry did an outstanding job calling the workshop. They combined both four couples and two couples moves and cued all the time.

The second dance was Don Moger's Weekly A2 dance at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 68 participants. Don called five tips. The second and fourth tips were workshops. The second tip Don worked on Counter Rotate in different positions. The fourth tip Don worked on full square material. Don cued throughout the dance. We had a very pleasant evening of dancing to Don. 

I played my Solitaire games. Today it was Tri Peaks Tuesday, where the Tri Peaks games points were doubles. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 42 minutes and 1 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group. 

After the last dance dance we watched Get Smart, a 2008 movie on IMDb TV on our Fire TV. It was based on the TV series from 1965-1970. Get Smart is about a spy named Maxwell Smart, it was a comedy and goofy. The movie was a lot like the series. Then I finished watching Janet King. I did 26,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth