Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Monday 10-12 Gorgeous Fall Day

Gorgeous Fall Day

 

We had a gorgeous fall day. There was a breeze out of the north which kept the temperature at 82 degrees. It doesn't seem like it's fall because the lots on both side of us are full of wildflowers. My flowers are still going strong, today I counted 24 flowers in bloom and a few more buds. 

 

Wildflowers next door

My flowers going strong

 

Larry started the day out by finishing up making ornaments. He has been making the ornaments with glitter paper and the Cameo machine. It takes a lot of time because there are multiple layers and a lot of weeding of each layer. The ornaments Larry made are gorgeous. When he was done he spent a lot of time cleaning up and vacuuming, the glitter paper is not suppose to shed  but it does.

 

Christmas ornaments made by Larry

Christmas tree by Larry

Larry put a post on a Facebook group he follows about building a cabinet for our Silhouette machine. He had 567 likes and 99 comments. A couple of the ladies wanted to know the dimensions of the cabinet so he added a drawing to the post. 

 

The cabinet

What the cabinet looks likes when the door is open

I played Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. I completed the event in 1 hour, 3 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. I also did a few Star Club Tri Peaks games.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first dance was an A1/A2 with Joachim Rühenbeck at 12:30 for two hours with a half hour break in between. During the A1 session we had 31 participants and A2 session we had 35 participants. Joachim called five tips during each session. Joachim is a fantastic caller. He calls fast and steady, you have to concentrate not to fall behind or you'll breakdown. I fell behind a few times and Larry tried to get me back on track, sometimes he was successful. We had an outstanding afternoon of dancing to Joachim Rühenbeck and other dancers.

The second dance was Ett McAtee's Monday C1 Workshop at 6:30 for an hour and a half. We had 51 participants. Ett called six tips and walked us through the Butterfly Formation. She put in different positions, which made the workshop challenging. It was an ok workshop.

A gentleman came to house to replace the windshield on the Minnie. He said he would be back tomorrow with a helper because he couldn't replace it by himself because of the overhang. 

After Ett's dance we watched two episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched two episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.    


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth