Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Tuesday 10-27 Cold Front

It's cold

 

It was cold the entire day, the temperature didn't get out of the low 40's. We stayed in the house having fun doing this and that and staying warm.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 dance at 11:00 for an hour. We had 30 participants. Dayle did an outstanding job of calling. Dayle helped me out a few times during the dance by saying where the dancers should be and what hand they should be handing. We had a great time dancing to Dayle.

The second dance was Di Green's Weekly A1/A2 workshops for two hours with a fifteen minutes break in between each session. This week we started an hour later because daylights saving time ended in the UK, next week daylight savings time ends here in the US so we will be back to the regular time. The workshops started at 2:30. We had 39 participants in the A1 workshop and 32 participants in the A2 workshop. During each session Di and Terry took turns calling, they called five tips. I danced by myself during the A1 session. Di and Terry did a fantastic job of calling the workshops. We had a super time.

The third dance was Don Moger's Weekly A2 dance at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 66 participants for the dance. Don called six tips. During the third and fourth tip Don walked us through 4 couples concepts (Phantom Diamonds), Diamond Chain Thru and Turn and Deal. Don walked us through moves, that the dancers were having trouble during the dance. We had fun dancing to Don.


 

In between the dances we did this and that. Larry continued having fun playing with the Cameo. Yesterday, Larry made a sleigh and it came out great. Today, he took the same sleigh  and redesigned the project to make it smaller. Then he made another ornament. Both projects came out great.

 

Christmas ornament

The two Christmas sleighs

I played my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini, 3 games of Free Cell and 3 games of Tri Peaks. It took me took me 10 minutes and 43 seconds to solve the games, which put me in 7th place in my group. I also did some Star Club. I also started reading another book on the Kindle called Don't Dare A Dame by M. Ruth Myers. This book is the third book in the Maggie Sullivan Mystery. The books in this series are an easy read and fun to read. 

After the last dance we started watching Warehouse 13 series on the IMDb TV channel, we watched two episodes. Then I started to watch Mentalist on Amazon. I ended up doing 27,010 steps, which put me in third place in my group with 53,021 steps.     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth