Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, October 5, 2020

Sunday 10-4 Wildflowers

Gorgeous Day
 

We had a gorgeous day with a lot of sunshine. 

As I was walking around outside and I notice that there was a group of wildflowers blooming on our neighbor's lots. I also saw some of my flowers had new blooms. It's amazing flowers are still growing after a terribly hot summer. I wish I knew what type of wildflower seeds Amazon sent us for a thank you gift because those are the flowers still blooming. 

 

Flower in our flower planter

We attended three virtual square dances. The first was Don Moger's Sunday weekly C1 dance at 11:00. Don had 47 participants on zoom. Don called some complex moves with very little cueing so people broke down. When we broke down Don walked us through the moves. We had a great time dancing to Don.

The second dance was a weekly Plus DBD dance, that is shared by two clubs the Dixie Cups and Crossfires. Doren McBroom is the Crossfires Club caller and the Dixie Cups have a different caller every other week. Today was the Dixie Cups dance and they had Jeremy Butler as their caller. The dance was at 1:30 for an hour. We had 12 participants. Jeremy did a very good job of calling the dance. He ended up doing five tips. We had fun.

The third dance was Loren Smith's weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30 for an hour and a half.This week Loren invited Barry Clasper to join us and help him call. They rotated calling, they called three A2 tips, an introduction to C1 tip and two C1 tips. During the A2 portion of the dance we had 31 participants and for the C1 portion we had 29 participants. Barry called the introduction tip and introduced dancers to Dixie Sashay and Flip the Line. The third A2 tip was a full square. We had another outstanding evening dancing to Loren and Barry. 

 


 

In between the dances Larry continued making Christmas ornaments. While he did this I played my Solitaire games. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Klondike Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 25th place in my group. Louise isn't in my group of players but I follow her and she beat me by 19 seconds. Congratulation, Louise. Then I continued reading on my Kindle.

After the last dance we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 21,500 steps today, which put me in sixth place in my group. I completed my daily goal of 21,300 steps but for the week I completed 172,696 steps instead of 175,000 steps. We had a great day.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth