Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, October 2, 2020

October 1 Beautiful Fall Day

Hello October

 

We had another beautiful day with a little breeze and the temperature in the low 80's. 

The wildlife even enjoyed the weather. While I was doing something in the other room Larry looked out the back window and saw two very young squirrels chasing after each other in the backyard. When I was making dinner outside I saw a few butterflies. The weird thing is the birdfeeder hasn't been as active the last few days as normal. We saw only a few birds in the feeder, usually we see birds waiting for their turn. 

Larry worked on a new Cameo project. It took him a bit to figure out because the directions were confusing. He didn't mind because he likes figuring out things. 

While he worked on his project I played my Solitaire games. Today was Pyramid Thursday, where the Pyramid games points were doubled. I did my Daily Challenges and the Event: Pyramid Mini of 10 games. It took me 33 minutes and 54 seconds, which put me in 24th place in my group. Congratulation, Louise on coming in third place in your group yesterday. I also did a few Pyramid hard games in the Star Club challenge.

I finished reading The Siege Winter a couple of days ago so I asked Larry to choose another book for me to read on my Kindle. He recommended The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne. I started reading the book and found out I already read the book. I'm going to read the book again because it was a great story.

Reading is fun

We attended three virtual square dances. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. We had 41 participants. Dayle invited Bill Harrison to help him call the dance. Both of Dayle and Bill called two tips. Today the tips were very complex especially the third tip, which was a workshop. Dayle went over T-Bone formations and we got a little frustrated because we kept breaking down. Even though this happened overall we had fun.

The second dance was Jeremy Butler's A2/C1 dance at 6:00 for an hour. Jeremy called four A2 tips and one C1 tip. We had 31 participants. We had a great time dancing to Jeremy.

The third dance was Michael Levy's weekly A2 dance at 7:30 for an hour. We had 15 participants. It was a small group but Michael did a great job of calling.

 


 

We watched two episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I watched a couple of episodes of Columbo. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group.

         

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth