Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Thursday 1-18 Another cold day in the Rio Grand Valley

It's cold outside

What do you do when it's cold outside? We went square dancing.

I started the day out by getting up at 6:30 to bake a Cinnamon Swirl Cake to take to the morning workshop. While the crumb cake was baking I made breakfast. After the cake cooled down I cut it in pieces and put the pieces in a pan. It didn't take as long as I thought. I had a half hour to relax before going to the dance. I took a couple of the crumb cakes with us, I baked one last night.

The first dance was Randy Dougherty's DBD A Workshop. We had five squares which was one more than last week. The crumb cakes were a smash, everyone complimented me on how good they were. During the workshop Randy walked us through moves in different positions in different levels of square dancing; Mainstream, Plus and Advanced. It was a lot of fun.

We had an hour and a half between the morning workshop and the afternoon dance. This gave us plenty of time for lunch. We had lunch at Taco Rico, we shared an order of Panchos, a fajita beef nacho. What's nice about eating at Taco Rico is that they have a display of the items they serve so you can look at the items and make a discussion. It was very good and the service was excellent. 
 
After lunch we had about an hour to kill so we drove around a bit. This was a little crazy because it was cold and drizzling all day. But it wasn't worth going back to the Minnie.

The afternoon dance was an A Dance with Bronc Wise. The first tip we had seven squares but the rest of the dance we had six squares plus three extra couples. We had a ball dancing to Bronc. 

By the end of the second dance we were tired considering they were back to back. But we had a great day of dancing and visiting with friends.

In the evening I went down to the club house and played Card Bingo. We had 23 people playing which is a great turn out considering it nasty outside . We played 12 games, I didn't win any but I had fun playing.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth