Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Wednesday 5-8-24 Dancing, Games, New Jukebox & Having Fun

 

Having Fun

We had an overcast day. It was 75 degrees when we woke up and got to 90 degrees.

I spent most of the day virtual square dancing. First dance was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to ten participants. They did a lot of diamond format sequences. Di did call Relay The Duecey & Spin Chain Thru. They did an excellent job of calling and cueing. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second dance was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. Ett called five tips to fourteen participants. She helped once in awhile by telling us which way to go. Her background was Cologne's Love Locks Bridge in Germany. While she was visiting a couple from German Elka and Arnold engraved a padlock with Linda and Ett's names in it. She put it on the bridge. It was very nice, Elka said once in awhile they rebuild the bridge so people go and replace their locks on the bridge. She also told Ett she was suppose to throw the key in the river but Ett kept it. I had a nice time dancing with friends.

Third dance was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. The format was three C1 tips and three A2 tips with Trivia in between the A2 tips. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. During the C1 session we had nine participants and the A2 session had twelve participants. It had been six weeks since I danced to Karin, Greg and Dave they were glad I was back. I had fun dancing with friends. 

 

Get a partner and dance

While I danced Larry worked on his new jukebox project. Most of the stuff he ordered came in. It's going to be a long process. He first has to get familiar with the jukebox and learn how it works. 

I did the Daily Challenge of Solitaire and Event. Today the event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 30 minutes and 21 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. 

I finished reading The Invincible Miss Cust by Penny Haw. It was a really good book based on a real person, she became the first woman veterinary surgeon in Britain. 

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour.

 


Working out with virtual reality

Before my last dance I played a few games of NASCAR, I didn't get a new high score but had fun. I'm in 34th place out of 40 participants. Larry installed a new color DMD for Big Buck Hunter and we played the game to see the change. When you shot a buck it will fall over dead and when you shot the birds they will fall from the sky. It makes the game more fun to play.

Big Buck Hunter

 


NASCAR

After the last dance we watched a couple of episodes of season 13 of Call the Midwife on PBS. Then I continued watching the 3rd season of Sister Boniface Mysteries. I watched another James Bond movie called Quantum of Solace. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 

    



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth