Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Friday 5-17-24 Games, Dance, Jukebox Project & Errands

 

Doing the happy dance


We had a gorgeous day with a lot of sunshine. It got up to 84 degrees. 

At lunchtime we went to town to check our mail at The UPS Store. Then we went to Taco Bell and had lunch. We hadn't been to Taco Bell for a long time, they added some new items. We had a delicious lunch. Then we went to Walmart to do a little grocery shopping.

Larry spent the day working on his jukebox project. He has it working beautifully and it looks super. 

One of the bigger challenges was a lack of buttons, on his original jukeboxes he had 31 buttons to work with, he used 29 of them. On this jukebox there are only 12, he could have done something to add a few more but he really didn't want to change the look. He has limited what can be done via the buttons and redesigned the skin (graphic interface) so that far fewer buttons are needed to make a selection. He now has it doing everything it needs to do using just the 12 buttons. 

He is not yet done, still needs to add a panel mount USB connection. After that most of what is left to complete is cosmetic, he needs to design a label for the buttons and add a bezel around the monitor. Once he has everything complete he will have to take it all apart and rebuild it documenting the process. While he is doing that he will make a couple of changes and tidy everything up.

 

Jukebox


I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Event. The event was Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 1 hour, 58 minutes and 5 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds.


 


 Doing errands


When we got home I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. Afterwards I played a little pinball in virtual reality. The games I played were The Get Away, White Water and Johnny Mnemonic. I had a great time. I entered my initials on White Water as high score 3. 


Johnny Mnemonic

 

White Water


In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour. She called five tips to 9 participants. She had a small group because her reminder e-mail was sent to herself and not to the group. I had a super time dancing to Ett and with friends.


After the dance we watched a movie on Freevee called Arrival. It was about aliens coming to earth. It was weird and very slow. When Larry went to bed I continued watching the second season of Harry Wild on Acorn. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth