Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Monday 5-27-24 Memorial Day, Clean Up Continues & Wildlife



Memorial Day

 

Happy Memorial Day. I'd like to say thanks to all the people who have served and defended the U.S. 

We had another hot and humid day with the high of 96 degrees. 

Larry woke up to see a fantastic surprise. A fawn and mom triggered the trip wire on our security camera on the garage. The fawn followed close to mom across the driveway and around the house. 

The other day after some of the trees were cleared away we saw a lot of deer on our cameras going through the backyard late at night. I also saw the fox walking by the porch. Our security cameras have a function that detects when motion happens in a path of the camera. When this occurs we are notified by the computer saying "Trip Wire". This catches our attention so we can check the camera out to see what's going on.  I love this function.

 


 Fawn and Mom

 

In the morning Eddie and his crew out of Houston showed up to finish the tree clean up. Eddie first gave us an estimate on how much it would cost to trim, grind the tree stumps and haul the trees away. Eddie had all the equipment he needed. They had a chipper, stump grinder, trailers and ropes to get a person up the tree. The crew had four guys in the morning and afternoon the crew had three guys. One wore a hard hat and used ropes to get him up the tree he was trimming. One ran the grinder and ground the stumps. Another one ran the shredder and hauled the branches and trees to the shredder. After everything was trimmed one guy sprayed the tree where the branches were removed with a sealant to prevent Oak wilt. They didn't have any so Larry and I went to The Home Depot and bought some. The crew was here for six hours and did an excellent job.

The crew came back around 6:00 to do a little touch up and make sure everything was gone completely.

 

Trimming the tree in the frontyard wearing harness and rope

 

Trimming high branches

 

Shredder and trailer

 

Trees all cleaned up and stumps ground down

 

Grinding the tree stump

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire. I thought the event was only for one day but it was for two days. The event was Event: Solitaire Celebrates. I was successful in doing the last game. The event was 30 games. It took me 5 hours, 28 minutes and 3 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

In the afternoon I worked out with Synth Riders for 45 minutes.

I played three different games of pinball in virtual reality. They were Big Buck Hunter Pro, Black Rose and The Flintstones. I got a new high score in Big Buck Hunter Pro, which was 48,324,160. This score put me in 5th place in my group of 14 participants. I did very well in the other two. The Flintstones I got a new high score #3.

 

Big Buck Hunter Pro

 

Black Rose


The Flintstones

 

In the evening we relaxed in front of the television. We watched a couple of episodes of Northern Exposure. When Larry went to bed I watched the 5th episode of the 10th season of The Brokenwood Mysteries and the 4th episode of the 3rd season of Harry Wild. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. This is a good beginning for a new week of stepping.

 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth