Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 6, 2024

Sunday 5/5/24 Spring Trip Summary, Virual Reality & Jukebox Project

 

Spring Trip

Spring Trip Summary

We were on the road for 40 days and drove 2500 miles. We spent $1782, which includes $14.75 per day for camping and $29.80 per day for other expenses. Camping was a total of $589, gas $670.66. The highest price per gallon of gas was $3.299, which was in Missouri. We visited six states; Texas (4 days), Oklahoma (12), Kansas (4), Missouri (17), Illinois (2) and Arkansas (1). We hiked a total of 46 miles. Other activities: historic museums, art museums, visitor centers, nature centers, played real pinball at five different places, toured Missouri Capitol Building, rode motorcycle to sites, toured Harry Truman Birthplace, gambled, walked around looking at murals and statues (Popeye) in cities and walked around campgrounds. We saw wild turkeys, deer and bison. We had some rain and were evacuated from a campground because of the rain. We had an outstanding trip.

Today I finished doing the laundry. I got back to playing pinball. Today started my new weekly challenge, which was NASCAR. Larry downloaded the game and installed it on the cabinet in both 2D and virtual reality. My first high score was 11,402,260, which put me in 14th place out of 15 participants. It's the first day so I have a long way to go. I also played Fast Break, No Fear and Red & Ted's Road Show. 

 

NASCAR

 

Red & Ted's Road Show

I read a little bit. I played my Daily Challenge of Solitaire and Event. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 Games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 51 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me 32nd place in my group.

While I played games Larry worked on his new jukebox project. He ordered a bunch of parts for it; monitor, raspberry pi, adapters, relay module, power supply, amplifier, raspberry pi case, switches and ac power cord. He will need a few more items but he will have to figure out what as he goes along.

I worked out with Synth Riders for 45 minutes. It was hard considering I hadn't used it in 41 days. I still had fun.

In the evening we continued catching up on YouTube videos. I watched three episodes of Sister Boniface Mysteries. I ended up doing 16,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 117,630 steps,


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth