Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Friday 5-3-24 Rain, Refund & Oak Park

 

Oak Park on Navarro Mills Lake

We woke up to a hard rain. This wasn't in the forecast. But it was gone by 7:30. I crawled out of bed at 7:00 and made pancakes for breakfast. After breakfast we put things away and secured. We didn't leave Piney Point Campground until 8:30 because we wanted the roads to dry a bit.

On the way out Larry returned our card for the site. We left a day early because we wanted to miss the rain on Saturday. We knew we wouldn't get a refund for today but it didn't matter since it was only $12.00. Piney Point was a beautiful campground and if we're in the neighborhood we would stay here again.

Larry drove 205 miles to Oak Park. The drive was both two and four lane highways. We drove by small towns in East Texas. We saw a lot of green pastures, their tanks (ponds) for livestock were full. The creeks and rivers were overflowing. East Texas had a lot of rain. We saw some wildflowers, even saw a few Bluebonnets which surprised us. We stopped in Gilmer, TX to fill the Minnie with fuel. Larry drove another 100 miles and we stopped for lunch. 

He went on the computer to cancel our reservation at Piney Point for tonight, the camp host had already done it. Not only had she canceled us for tonight she gave us a refund of $12. We were surprised because we left by choice. On the same website he made a reservation at Oak Park for tonight. It cost $12 so we broke even. 

Then we drove the last 35 miles to Oak Park. It's a campground located on Navarro Mills Lake, which is a Corps of Engineers Lake. We checked in at the gate. We found our site with no problem. They have had so much rain in the area that the boat ramp and beach are closed because they are under water, some of the camp sites are also closed. We setup the Minnie for the night. 

It was a little after 1:00. We relaxed under the air conditioner and fan with a book because it was hot and humid outside. I played my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Event. Today's event was Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 31 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 19th place in my group. 

I also baked some cookies. We decided we wanted some Pillsbury Funfetti sugar cookies. We have been carrying a few packs of cookies around with us the whole trip. It was easy, you just add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of water and bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. They came out very good.

 

Funfetti Sugar Cookies


After dinner I walked around the park for an hour and forty-five minutes. I walked the park three times. While walking I took pictures, talked to a few people and saw a deer and a couple of caterpillars. The first time around the park I saw a couple of girls trying to catch a dog that was loose. I had saw a couple other dogs before this one and it looked like it was looking for it's friends. The dogs didn't have a collar on them I hope they find their way home and they weren't dumped. I had a wonderful walk. When I got back I finished doing my steps. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

One of the caterpillars 


A deer watching me 

 

Navarro Mills Lake



   

  

          


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth