Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, May 27, 2024

Sunday 5-26-24 Clean Up Continues, New Weekly Challenge & More

 

Hot humid day


We had a hot humid day with the high of 94 degrees and humidity 58%.

After being without power for three days it was hard to get back into our normal routine. We still have cleanup to do. Today the crew, who were here yesterday showed up in the morning to continue cutting up and and removing the damaged trees. They worked on the trees in the backyard and the tree that fell on Jason's fence. They were here for five hours or so. 

 

Tree on the fence


Crew cutting up the tree at the planter

 

The stump of the oak that was on the fence

 

Cutting up the tree to remove from the fence


 

Larry had ordered a chainsaw through Amazon and it came in yesterday. He assembled it just in case the crew needed another chainsaw. They didn't need it because today they had two. Jason helped the crew clear the trees. When they were almost finished Jason asked if we wanted the tree where the planter was to be taken down because there wasn't much left of it. We removed the planter and the crew cut it down. The trees they worked on today were huge oak trees and it took them some time to cut them up. The crew didn't have the equipment or the know how to trim trees or grind the stumps so we have another company coming tomorrow. After they were finished they blew off the driveway. The crew worked very hard and did a great job. 

 

Larry putting the chainsaw together

 


The chainsaw all assembled

 

Today is the beginning of a new week so I have a new weekly challenge in pinball. This week the game is Big Buck Hunter Pro. We already have the game so Larry didn't have to download it he only had to change the balls from five to three. Before playing the game to get my first high score for this week I played The Flintstones to try to get a new high score. I was unsuccessful but I did get very close. I ended up coming in 50th place out of 73 participants in The Flintstones. My first high score in Big Buck Hunter Pro was 22,967,390. This put me in 4th place out of 7 participants for the first day.

 

Big Buck Hunter Pro


The Flintstones

 I also did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Event. Today's event was Event: Solitaire Celebrates of 30 games. I only did 29 of the games. I played the games for 4 hours, 15 minutes and 53 seconds before giving up. I got stuck on one of the experts Free Cell games. I played some Angry Birds.

I worked out with the Synth Riders for an hour. 

Afterwards we took the Minnie back to storage. On the way home we swung by Freddy's to get dessert only to discover their building had lots of tornado damage and they were not open.

In the evening we watched The Physician on Freevee. It was a 2013 German historic drama about an orphan boy from an 11th-century English town, who's mother dies of an illness and he vows to learn medicine. It was taken from a novel by Noah Gordon with the same name. It was very good. Then I watched National Treasures: Book of Secrets. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group for the week with 124,717 steps.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth