Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Tuesday 5-28-24 Lab Appointment, Clean Up , Mowing & More

 

 
We had a very nice Tuesday. It was cooler with the high in the mid 80's and humidity at 50%. A front came through around 10:00am, which bought high winds. We were on severe storm watch. We were suppose to get rain this evening but at 5:00 the National Weather Report had lowered the chances. The wind died down around the same time.
 
We started the day out by going town for a lab appointment for my annual wellness check up. My appointment was at 7:30 am. It didn't take long. We were in and out within fifteen minutes. On the way home we stopped by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts for breakfast. 
 
When we got home I changed clothes so we could start some yard clean up. Larry and I both started picking up rocks and debris from the downed trees. Larry went next door and borrowed Jason's wheelbarrow to put the debris in it. Then he started to mow the backyard.The mowing will help mulch up all the leaves and many of the small sticks. As he mowed I continued picking up debris. Larry ended up mowing the backyard and frontyard. He also helped Jason by mowing part of his rental house frontyard. A front came in about 10:00 with a strong wind. The wind felt good because we were sweating. Jason came out and dumped our debris that was in the wheelbarrow. He also got rid of the pile of debris next to the wheelbarrow. Larry started to blow the leaves out of the gravel. He stopped when the wind came up. We worked outside for three hours before calling it a day.
 
 
 
Larry mowing
 
 


Backyard after it was mowed and debris removed
 
 


Wheelbarrow full of debris
 
 
While we were resting our neighbors Dana and Rose came over to thank us for taking care of their generator while they were camping the other day. We talked for a bit. 
 
After the neighbors left we went inside and had lunch. We stayed inside for the rest of day relaxing. 
 
I took a nap and Larry worked on his jukebox project. 
 
When I woke up I did the Daily Event, which was Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 12 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played some Angry Birds. Before I went to bed last night I played the Daily Solitaire.
 
I worked out for an hour using Synth Riders. Then I played for games of pinball, which were Big Buck Hunter Pro, The Get Away, Mustang and NASCAR. I didn't get a new high score in Big Buck Hunter Pro but had a lot of fun trying. I had a great time playing the other three games also.
 
 

Big Buck Hunter Pro
 


Mustang
 


NASCAR
 
 


The Get Away

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called The Boys In The Boat. It is an American biographical sports drama. It was about the University of Washington rowing team, and their quest to compete in the 1936 Summer Olympics. It was a very good movie. After Larry went to bed I watched Aladdin and Men in Black II from our movies. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth