Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Wednesday 3-6-24 Dance Day & Having Fun

 

Beautiful Day

We had a beautiful day with the high of 81 degrees. We spent the day hanging around the house and having fun.

I attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 13 participants. When Di called the third tip she worked on Crossfire in different positions because Ange requested the help. Di and Terry always do an outstanding job of cueing the moves through out the dance and this helps a lot. If a dancer asked to go over a move Di is more than willing to do so. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called four tips to 15 participants. Today was National Oreo Day so Ett did three Trivia questions in between the tips about Oreo. Tage from the Netherlands said they were boycotting Oreo cookies because they make them in Russia. They don't agree with the war. Ett said she didn't know and she was sorry. Taga also said they have their own Oreo cookies, they are called Domino. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends.

Taga virtual background of the Domino cookies


Ett's virtual background of our Oreo cookies

The third dance was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. The format was three tips of C1 and three tips of A2. During the C1 tip Karin and Greg called they worked on Cross and Roll. Dave worked on Relay the Shadow. The last tip all three called together. We had 8 participants in both the C1 tips and A2 tips. In between the A2 tips we did a couple of Trivia questions. One was about Oreo. I had a great evening of dancing to Karin, Greg and Dave and with friends.

While I danced Larry worked on setting up my new virtual reality headset. Now we can play together or by ourselves. He ordered a new headband for the new headset because the original one is very uncomfortable.

Larry's virtual headset


New headset and extra battery

I played three pinball games in both virtual reality and 2D. It was a lot of fun seeing the difference. The games were Big Buck Hunter, Fish Tales and Twister. In the virtual reality version of Fish Tales the water is moving and there are fish swimming by. There is also a large grab that walks by. Very cool.

Big Buck Hunter in 2D

 

 

Big Buck Hunter in virtual reality
 
 
 
Fish Tales in 2D
 
 
 
Fish Tales in virtual reality



Twister in 2D

 

Twister in virtual reality


I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Experts Only Mini of 5 games. It took me 1 hour, 27 minutes and 54 seconds, which put me in 20th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

I worked out for a half hour on the Wii Fit and with Synth Riders. I continued working on the diamond painting of Winnie the Pooh & Friends.

After the last dance we watched the next episode of the 13th season of Vera. Then I watched The Bourne Ultimatum and  the next episode of Father Brown. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth