Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Saturday 3-9-24 Louise Visit and Virtual Reality

 

Having Fun

We had a great day. The temperature was cooler it got up to 71 degrees with a breeze.

I started the day off by cleaning the bathrooms and vacuuming the house.

Doing housework

Louise and Alice arrived about 9:00 and left around 2:00. Larry invited Louse to come over to play some virtual reality. Alice was in a great mood, she came running into the house. We visited for a bit before the fun began. 

Larry explained to Louise how virtual reality works and how to put on the headset. She started out by playing Wander, this program takes you to different places. You ask the program to take you to an address, place or anywhere you want to go. For example when you ask the program to take you to the Eiffel Tower, the program puts you in the tower.

Next up was First Encounters, this is a fun program where a space ship breaks through your ceiling and fuzzy creatures start coming out of the walls, television and other objects laying around. The object is to shoot as many as you can within a certain time. It is a mixed reality program so you can still see the room you are playing in. It's a lot of fun, easy and a great way to start learning how virtual reality games work. 

Then she moved onto playing pinball. From there to the workout program Synth Riders. Before each program Larry explained what the object was and how to do the game. I played Synth Riders to demonstrate how I play and to show how to score better. I'm getting better but I have been playing it for awhile. Louise did well. 

Next I showed her how to play Asguard Wrath II and then I took her into Horizon Worlds. I went into the Survival World, where you do things just like the television series. When playing the games Larry had set the headset to cast through the television, that way everyone can see what the person playing was doing. 

Larry also showed her Big Screen. This program takes you into a movie theater where you can watch Amazon or YouTube videos. Alice was very good considering we spent a lot of time playing. I played with her a bit. 

Playing First Encounters

For lunch we had Western Grillers: Chicken Tickler, they're chicken breasts stuffed with jalapeno and cheese wrapped in bacon. We also had waffle fries cooked in the air fryer and baked beans. For dessert we had cupcakes. The meal came out tasting good.

Before Louise left Larry replaced the hatch supports on her car and put her new license sticker on the windshield. I gave her the Christmas stocking that Santa left for her. I kept forgetting to give her the stocking so it worked out perfect today. She was very excited to get the stocking. She is so excited about virtual reality that she has decided to buy a headset. 

Louise with her Christmas stocking

After Louise and Alice left I worked out on Synth Riders for another half hour. When I finished Larry joined me on the couch and we went through the music playlists that are available on Synth Riders. There must be 50 or so free songs, there are others that cost $1.99. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 1 hour, 1 minute and 51 seconds, which put me in 35th. I had a rough time solving the Free Cell game. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I worked on Winnie the Pooh & Friends.

I played four pinball games on the cabinet in 2D because the headsets were charging. The games were Big Buck Hunter, Twister, Black Rose and The Sopranos. While playing Black Rose I became Grand Champion. When I played The Sopranos I was put on the board as the 4th high score. 

Black Rose


The Sopranos

Everyday we play with the Quest 3 headset we learn more and more about how it works and how the programs work. It's a learning process and we're having fun.

In the evening we watched Lara Croft: Tomb Raider on Pluto. Angelina Jolie plays Lara Croft. We watched the movie in virtual reality using the headset. We only watched about an hour of it because my headset died. After Larry went to bed I watched Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. and I watched Shrek 2 out of our movie collection. I ended up doing 17,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth