Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, March 17, 2024

Saturday 3-16-24 Fun Day Wit h Virtrual Reality & More

 

Overcast Day

We had an overcast day. The weathermen predicted that it was going to rain. We had very little rain just enough to damp everything and mess up the roads. In the evening the rain came back and drizzled all night. The high was 66 degrees.

I made Cinnamon Toast Crunch pancakes for breakfast from Betty Crocker. It's comes in a kit, that includes pancake mix, cinnamon and cereal for the topping. They taste very good. Tomorrow I may try putting the cereal in the batter instead of on top.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch pancakes

I started the day out doing the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Pyramid). It took me 1 hour, 39 minutes and 24 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

We logged onto Horizon Worlds on our Quest 3 headsets. Larry invited Louise to join us in a private room of Puzzle Paradise. In puzzle paradise you can have a lot of people show up to assemble jigsaw puzzles but when you have a private room you invite who you want and how many people you want in the room. This afternoon it was only Larry, Louise and me. By having a small group it's easier to teach someone how to do the activity and you don't feel you're holding up the other people. We spent over an hour in the room assembling puzzles. After Louise left Larry and I went to a table tennis world. It was very hard and we weren't successful in doing a volley. From there we went to a digital poker world. We were in Horizon for two hours and had a super time.

Our avatars in Horizon
 

After I rested I worked out with Synth Riders for 45 minutes.

I also played the pinball game, The Lost World Jurassic Park to get a new high score but wasn't successful. Tomorrow the challenge is finished at noon in Texas. Larry found out my new weekly challenge is White Water, which is a rafting adventure. He downloaded the game and installed it in both virtual reality and virtual pinball. Then he played it a couple of times to make sure it worked. Afterwards I played it a couple of time to see how it played.

I played a couple of pinball games on the arcade cabinet. They were Fun House and Game Show.

Fun House


Game Show

In the evening we returned to Horizon Worlds and went to the Tower of Reflection room. We played for about 90 minutes and got through three rooms, we were almost out of the fourth when we got stuck. Had a great time and will have to try it again.

After Larry went to bed I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I continued watching the first season of Madame Blanc Mysteries. I ended doing 16,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth