Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Saturday 3-23-24 Busy Doing This & That - Water Leak

 

It was a very nice day with the high of 73 degrees. It was perfect to do things around the house.

I started the day off by finishing up loading the dry products in the Minnie. Tomorrow I'll load up the refrigerator and freezer. 

Larry plugged in the Minnie and turned on the refrigerator. He aired up the air bags and checked the air in the tires. He checked the belts, oil level and made sure everything was ready to go on the trip.

After lunch we went to the convenience store to fill the two gallon container with gas for the motorcycle and lawn mower.

When we got home I mowed the backyard and part of the frontyard. The other day Jason mowed the side of the frontyard by his yard when he mowed his. While I mowed Larry treated for weeds and bugs. Larry used his backpack when he treated for bugs. After I mowed Larry blew off the mower, out the garage and blew the driveway. 

When Larry was spraying around the foundation he noticed water was seeping out of the overflow drain for the washer. This was not good news. When we had the house built Larry had the washer area lowered a few inches and a drain installed. He did this just in case we ever had a leak with the washer. He also did this when we had our previous house built. Well, after all those years it paid off. One of the hose connections started leaking at the shut off valve, it was a slow leak but enough for water to run down the wall onto the floor and eventually out the drain. Larry removed the washer and used his shop vac to suck up the excess water. He then setup a heater and fan to blow on the wall to dry it out. We could find no signs of water leaking into the closet that is directly behind the washer. It appears the only damage will be a water stain on the paint which we can repaint. We were fortunate that he spotted the leak and we were home. 

When we had the house build Larry also had a water valve to the house installed in the garage and when we travel we normally turn the water off to the house.

Mowing the yards


I worked out on the Wii Fit for a half hour and the Synth Riders for 45 minutes.

Working out

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 4 minutes and 51 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I played the weekly challenge of Blood Machines to get a new high score but failed. Then I played Cactus Canyon. While playing Cactus Canyon I got the high score #3.

Cactus Canyon

 

In the evening we watched three episodes of Northern Exposure. Then I watched Top Gun our of our movie collections. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of Madame Blanc Mysteries. I ended up doing 17,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth