Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Wednesday 3-13-24 Dance Day, Drainage & Having Fun

 

I love virtual square dancing

We had another fun day of hanging around the house.

Larry went next door early and talked to the landscaping crews lead person and once again explained how the drainage should work. Luis said he understood and before they laid the sod he would come talk to Larry and make sure he was happy. Sure enough a couple of hours later he knocked on the door. Larry walked over and was very happy, they had done a great job of shaping a drainage ditch that will handle the majority of the runoff. Sure glad we were home so Larry could work with them.

After Larry gave his approval they started laying sod. Unfortunately they didn't have enough to totally finish but they did put down what they had. It is suppose to rain the next few days so that should really help the new sod. They were not sure when they would get more to finish. The said maybe tomorrow but it didn't sound very likely.

I attended three virtual square dances. I wore a green hat and green square dancing blouse to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, which is Sunday.

First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 11:00 for an hour. Di and Terry showed up fifteen late because Di had to work. They took turns calling five tips to 11 participants. Di worked on Spin Chain the Gears and Spin Chain and Exchange the Gears. Di cued the moves and the dancers were successful in getting into the right place. I had a super time dancing with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. Ett called four tips to 19 participants. She did a little cueing to help. She didn't think she helped but she helped me get in the right place. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends.

Third was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the dance. Karin and Greg called a tip in C1 and A2 together, Dave called a tip in C1 and A2 and the third tip in C1 and A2 all three called together. In between the A2 tips we had a couple of trivia questions. During the C1 tips we had 6 participants and the A2 tips had 8 participants. I had a great time dancing to Karin, Greg and Dave and with friends. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Klondike Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour and 30 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds.

I played the pinball challenge of The Lost World Jurassic Park a few time. I wasn't successful in getting a new high score but I did come close.

The Lost World Jurassic Park

After Ett's dance I worked out a half hour on the Wii Fit and 45 minutes with Synth Rider.

While I danced Larry continued working on trying to get the Big Screen program working on his old computer. 

When I was working out he put on his virtual reality headset and went into Horizon Worlds. He got into the puzzle world. He was checking it out when a kid came into the world and asked him to play with him. The kid said it would be easier and more fun with two of them so Larry joined him. The game was a series of 9 rooms that you had to figure out how to get out of. They played for over an hour and got through 7 of the nine rooms. The kid was very polite, extremely smart and fast in finding solutions. Larry said there was noway he would have figured out some of the solutions without the kid, when the kid got stuck Larry was able to discover clues that would help him to move forward. After an hour the kid had to leave. Larry had a super time.

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of Vera. This season they have been releasing an episode every week instead of the whole season. After Larry went to bed I watched the movie The X-Files. I started a series on Acorn called Madame Blanc Mysteries. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth