Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Saturday 3-30-24 Brush Creek & Two River Trail

I Had a problem with Blogger not putting up my posts. It is fixed now but you may have to go back a few days to see all of the posts from the beginning of our trip.  


Brush Creek Campground

We had a great day. 

I crawled out of bed at 7:30 to temperatures in the 60's. It got to 78 degrees. I made cinnamon french toast sticks for breakfast. 

After breakfast we got ready to go on a hike. I braided my hair. Then we unloaded the motorcycle. We decided to ride the motorcycle to the trailhead, which was across the street by the dam. The trail was Two River Trail. It was a two mile loop trail. It went up and down a rocky hillside through trees. It started out very easy but ended up becoming moderate because of all the uphill climbing. There were trail markers here and there but they needed more where the trail Y's off. We got off the trail once. We had to back track to get back on the trail. The trail was very well used. We thought we would see people hiking the trail because when we got there there were four other vehicles in the parking area. But we didn't see anyone, when we were almost back we saw a lot of people fishing off the banks of the dam. It was a very nice hike.

Fishing on the bank of Keystone Dam

 


Two River Trail

 


Keystone Lake from the trail

 

After the hike we drove the motorcycle to the other side of the dam where there is an area for off-road vehicles and some more hiking trails. We took the road to the end. The road was very rough. Where the off-road vehicles were it was very dusty. It was nice that there was an area just for the off-road vehicles. 

Then we drove the motorcycle down the road for about four miles to the KAF visitor center. The center was very small but had a lot of hiking. The lady, who was working there was very friendly and helpful. She explained the trails and how strenuous they were. There was a lot of people there. The sad thing is the area is only open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The other three days they put aside to do maintenance. We didn't do any hiking but maybe some other time.

KAF Visitor Center

 


Hiking trails at KAF Visitor Center
 

We had a great ride. We found some options for hiking if we want to take advantage of it.  

The rest of the day we hung around the Minnie and read. Larry finished his fourth book. I finished my first one. I had already read the book but it was good the second time. I asked Larry to choose a book for me. So he did I started reading it. It is Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.

We waited until 6:30 when it cooled off a bit before we went for a walk. We walked the Wellness Trail. Larry walked with me a loop, which was a mile. Then he said good-bye. I continued walking another hour, which was three more loops. I ended up walking four miles. In the center of the trail they have small solar lights. When I was on my last loop some of them can on. They had a little green light or yellow light in the center. It's amazing how much light they put out. I figured the light, that didn't come on was because it wasn't dark enough. By the end on the day I did 16,000 steps, which put me in last place in my group of 10 with the total of 81,000 steps.   

  

Off-Road area at Keystone Dam


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth