Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Tuesday 3-5-24 Virtual Reality, Games, Dancing & More

 

Happy Tuesday

We had a fun day. It got up to 85 degrees. 

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 15 participants. The last tip Di worked on Motivate from different positions because it was requested. She walked all of us through the move. Larry danced with me and we had an outstanding time. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event was Event: Two Game Tango of 20 games (10 Pyramid and 10 Tri Peaks). It took me 1 hour, 43 minutes and 11 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I moved onto playing Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

I worked on a diamond painting project, Winnie the Pooh and Friends.

Winnie the Pooh & Friends so far

While I was playing games Larry continued learning more about virtual reality rooms. One of the programs that came with the headset is called Horizon Worlds, you enter into a common room and from there visit different worlds. He has tired it a few times but had not really figured out how it works. Today he was in the program and a gentleman walked up and started talking to him. Larry explained he had no idea what he was doing so the gentleman explained a few things and Larry asked him some questions. 

When you are using this program you appear in the program as an avatar, kind of a cartoon character that you design to represent yourself. One of Larry's first questions was how did he appear, everyone was "walking" around but Larry was sitting on the couch. The gentleman explained even though you are sitting down the program shows you as standing, as you move around it appears you are walking. 

After a bit they went into a puzzle room where his wife was working on a jigsaw puzzle. The gentleman and his wife both answered his questions and demonstrated some of the features. The puzzle room is where a group of people meet and put a jigsaw puzzle together. You can also setup a private room and assemble a puzzle on your own or invite people you know into your room. From there they went to a couple of other worlds which were games.

They ended up spending about 90 minutes with each other.

Playing with virtual reality

The picture above is of the screen on the pinball machine where you choose to go into the virtual reality pinball games. Larry created this screen by finding images on the internet and modifying them to work for this screen. In real life they look fantastic.

I played a few pinball games. I played Cirqus Voltaire in 2D, yesterday I played the same game in virtual reality and did very well. Today I also did very well but I didn't get on the board. Then I moved onto virtual reality games. They were Twister, Black Rose and Tales of the Arabian Nights. Tales of the Arabian Nights is probably the most beautiful of all the games. I was successful in getting all the jewels but failed in freeing the Princess. I did get a high enough score to enter my initials as the 3rd high score. I had fun playing pinball.

Black Rose


Cirqus Voltaire (not in virtual reality)

 

Tales of the Arabian Nights

I worked out on the Wii for a half hour and Gold's Gym for a half hour. I did Synth Riders of a half hour and burned 123 calories.

We have been talking about buying a second virtual reality headset so after dinner we went to Walmart and bought one. Some games allow you to play with other people, I think it will be fun to play together. Unfortunately pinball does not do this.

In the evening we watched Top Gun: Maverick. After Larry went to bed I watched The Bourne Supremacy and Shrek. The movies were out of our collection. I ended up doing 18,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth