Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, March 15, 2024

Thursday 3-14-24 Visiting Louise, Virtual Reality & Irrigation

 

Virtual Reality

We started the day out by going to Round Rock to visit Louise and Alice. Larry had finished setting up Louise's virtual reality headset and wanted to delivery it to her. We left the house a little before 8:00 and got back about 3:00. 

On the way to Round Rock we stopped by Jack & Jill Donuts to buy breakfast. When we arrived at Louise's house we were met by Alice and Louise. Alice was so excited to see us she ran around the front yard. A few months ago Louise's yards looked like the grass had died but her yards are recovering and starting to green up. 

Larry spent the day explaining to Louise how to use her headset and the programs on it. We had brought one of our headsets so Larry could connect with her and help her through the process. Louise played a couple of games, they were Synth Riders and First Encounter. When Louise and Larry put on their headsets Alice wasn't sure if she liked the headsets. She was a little scared of them. Then we took a lunch break and had pizza, chips and Keebler Coconut Delights for dessert.

Alice watching Louise playing


Louise playing with her new headset

After lunch Larry and Louise went into Horizon World and played in the fishing world. A couple of small girls took them around the island teaching them to fish. The girls were very nice and quite intelligent. Apparently they were around 11. They had a great understanding of the game and how it worked. When moving from place to place they could move really fast but they would come back to make sure Larry and Louise were still coming. They had a great time learning from the girls. 

While Louise and Larry played on the headsets I worked on her diamond painting project ( Winnie the Pooh & Friends). I also paid attention to Alice. About 2:00 we said our good-byes and went home. We had a fun day hanging out with Louise and Alice.

On the way home we stopped by The UPS Store to pick up our mail. Then we walked across the parking lot to Walmart and picked up a few items.  

When we got home the landscaping crew next door had put down more sod but they still didn't have enough to finish the job. Larry walked over and asked if they wanted to adjust the sprinkler heads they had replaced, Luis said sure thing. They adjusted two of the heads they replaced but the third one didn't work. After removing some of the new sod and digging a big hole in what was now mud they discovered a broken pipe. They didn't have the parts to fix it, Larry had some of it but there was one piece he didn't have. One of the guys went to town to get it but when he returned the part he bought was too long. Larry went through his irrigation stuff and found a coupler they could use to shorten it. He was next door with them for a few hours.

While he was gone I worked out with Synth Riders for 45 minutes. 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed. After I worked out I did the event, which was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 50 minutes and 32 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I moved onto play Angry Birds.

I played the weekly challenge of The Lost World Jurassic Park a few time.

In the evening Larry and I went fishing and invited Louise to join us. We all went into Horizon World on our virtual reality headsets. It is hard to believe how real things seem in virtual reality. We were sitting on the couch and at one point I got up and tried to walk where I wanted to go, too funny, all I had to do was move there using the controller. We spent about three hours fishing. We had a super time. 

When Larry went to bed I watched The X-Files: I Want To Believe and then I continued watching Madame Blanc Mysteries. I ended doing 18,500 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

We had a very fun day with our Quest 3 headsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth