Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Wednesday 9-1 Rainy Day

Rainy Day

We had and overcast and rainy day. 

Considering the lack of sun the solar system did very well. Larry had brought along another less powerful solar panel from another project. Due to the lack of sun he got it out and plugged it in beside the other panel. He has been surprised that the panels produce any power at all without any direct sun. With the two panels and being conservative on our power usage we were able to get the battery back to a full charge. By 1:00 the rain came in and Larry had to unhook the solar panels and bring them inside. They are not waterproof.

The weather was iffy so we decided to take the trail around the lake. We hiked in the opposite direction than we have been going. We stopped occasionally to look at the lake and the surrounding area. We saw a Pika perched on a rock at the rock slide area. He didn't have a care in the world and sat there waiting for me to take its picture. It was very cute. When we got on the other side of the lake Larry remembered when we were here a few years ago he had seen an old stone structure near there. He found it again, in order to get closer we had to crawl over a big fallen tree. At one time it was a small stone enclosure built into the side of the mountain. Might have been used for storage or maybe someone had lived there. When we were walking back to the trail we saw our neighbors hiking and said hi. As we continued hiking we saw people fishing in the lake and on the banks, people hiking and walking the banks. We had a peaceful hike.

 

Beautiful butterflies on the trail

Stone enclosure

More butterflies

The lake from the trail on the other side

 

Cute Pika

When we got close to the Minnie we stopped and visited with the neighbors. They are from Texas.

After lunch I walked around the campground for 40 minutes. I made it back right before the rain came. Larry had taken down the solar panels and controller put them in the Minnie. He had folded up the chairs and put them under the Minnie. We spent the rest of the day inside reading. It continued to rain on and off the rest of the day and night.

I did the Solitaire Daily Challenges and the Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 33 minutes and 55 seconds, which put me in 11th place in my group. I ended up doing 16,000 steps. I didn't do all of them because I would have to do it inside and I would bounce the Minnie around. I ended up being in 9th place in my group with 71,228 steps. I missed my daily challenge goal by 4,000 steps. Once the rain goes away I'll make up for it. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth