Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Tuesday 9-14 Back in Texas

 

Beautiful Day

Larry needs to see a Orthopedic Surgeon so we decided to go home. 

We drove 432 miles from Matchless Campground (7 miles outside of Leadville) to Dumas Texas. The drive was two and four lane highways with lots of beautiful scenery. There was road construction in Colorado causing us to stop in multiple places to wait a few minutes. We drove through a few mountain passes. When we stopped in Walsenburg Colorado for gas we had lunch. I walked over to the Taco Bell, we hadn't eaten there in almost two years so this was a treat for us. While driving through Colorado we saw a lot of Alpacas. When we got into New Mexico we saw a lot of pronghorns and cattle. 

Larry decided to let me drive to give his right arm a break from driving. I haven't driven the Minnie in a long time so it took me a bit to relax. I was worried so I held on to the steering wheel so hard one of my hands was going to sleep. Once I relaxed I did well but I had to remember to drive with two hands. The Minnie tends to wander so I needed to concentrate and drive with two hands. I won't complain about Larry's driving because somehow he can drive with one hand.

 

Driving the Minnie

We arrived at Texhoma Park in Dumas Texas at 5:30. We had power which allowed me to make mini waffles for dinner. Then I walked around the park for an hour and a half. As I was walking I saw a soccer coach and his team of six kids. He had a portable soccer goal, I had not seen one before. After I relaxed I went outside to do more steps. I had a pleasant surprise, two kittens came by for attention, one kept going in between my legs so I had to quit. I went inside to wait for them to leave. I think they're probably from the RV Park next door. I went back outside and did more steps. I ended up doing 20,000 steps, which put me in 4th place with 46,000 steps. I missed my goal by 4,000 steps. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth