Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Tuesday 9-21 Dancing and Playing with Linux

 

Hold on tight

A cold front came in today with a mild temperature of 86 degrees and a strong wind. 

I attended three virtual dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 at 10:00 for an hour. They had 18 participants and called five tips. Di and Terry rotated calling the tips. I had fun dancing to Di and Terry and friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle has a job driving a school bus and had to change his dances a little bit. He had to cancel his DBD and A1 dance on Thursday. Today he called three Plus tips, one tip of DBD Plus and one tip of Four Couples Plus. During the Plus tips we had 13 participants, the DBD tip had 14 and the Four Couples tip 12 participants. Dayle was surprised to see me and asked about Larry so we had to explain about his elbow. He was sorry to hear about the fall and asked if this means he should not to get an RV. We told him to get one because we were having a great time before the accident. We had a small group of dancers and most of the participants were single people. I think there was only one couple. I made a few mistakes and there wasn't anyone to pin to help me get in the right place. Even though I made mistakes I still had a great time dancing to Dayle and with friends. 

Third was Don Moger's Weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 29 participants. Don asked about Larry and wished him well. Don called five tips and called four couples moves in each tip. Like always I had a super time dancing to Don and with friends. Don's a pleasure because he jokes around all the time and makes people laugh.

 

Having fun dancing with friends

In between the dances I read. Larry needed a break from reading and he really can't do much so he decided to install a different operating system called Linux on our old computer. It has been around for awhile and he just wants to play with something new.

After lunch we went to town to check our mail at the UPS Store, we are waiting for Larry's x-rays on his elbow so he can go see the Orthopedic Surgeon. It wasn't there so when we got home he cancelled his appointment for tomorrow. We swung by Walmart and picked up a new hard drive for the old computer.

I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I did the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 36 minutes and 53 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group.

In the evening Larry played with his new drive and Linux. I did my steps, which was 27,000 steps. This put me in 4th place in my group with 55,000 steps. I continued watching the 17th season of Silent Witness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth