Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 24, 2021

Thursday 9-23 Apple Turnovers - X-rays Arrived

 

We had another beautiful day of sunshine with temperatures in the low to mid 80s. 

I started the day out by doing my Daily Challenges in Solitaire and Mahjong games. I did the Event: World Tour Mini of 7 games. It took me 15 minutes and 28 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group.

Larry continued playing with Linux and learning more about it. 

I attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. Our friends (Char and Glenn) from Sun City were there and asked about Larry so Larry explained he broke his elbow. Dayle asked Larry about seeing the orthopedic surgeon. Larry explained we were still waiting for his x-rays to show up in the mail. Dayle had 14 participants in the two couples tips and 16 in the four couples tip. We had a great time.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called three two couples A2 tips, one four couples A2 tip and one four couples C1 tip. During the two couples A2 tips we had 13 participants, the four couples tip A2 we had 12 participants and the C1 tip we had 10. Jeremy did a great job of calling and made the dance challenging. At times he confused himself but we had fun.  

During Dayle's dance Larry received an e-mail that The UPS Store had a package for us. The package was the CD with Larry's x-rays. Larry looked at the x-rays and read the included report, it said the fracture is minimally displaced. He called Baylor Scott & White to setup an appointment. The lady who helped him knew what she was doing. She setup an appointment for October 6th and put him on a referral list. He should hear from them tomorrow to see if they can fit him in earlier. We're keeping our fingers cross.

Both Scott & White Radiology and the hospital radiology folks in Colorado insisted there was no way to send the files electronically, they had to come on CD. To test this Larry simply copied the files from the CD to our computer and they worked fine. There is no reason other than lack of knowledge that prevented them from sending them electronically.

We had a Puff Pastry in the freezer and some apple pie filling so I decided to make apple turnovers (it makes 6 turnovers). It was a little confusing because the recipe on the web said it took 14-16 minutes to bake and the package said it takes 30-35 minutes. I cooked them at 400 degrees for 14 minutes but they weren't done so I cooked them another 10 minutes and they came out great. They tasted great but they weren't as sweet as we would have liked. Next time I might add some cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar to the apples.

 

Apple Turnovers

After Jeremy's dance we watched a IMDb TV called All Nighter. It was a comedy about a father who teams up with his daughter's ex-boyfriend to find her when she disappears. It was a good movie. When Larry went to bed I started watching the 18th season of Silent Witness. While watching television I did my steps, which was 27,500. This put me in 3rd place in my group.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth