Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 3, 2021

Wednesday 9-2 Hiking the Old Service/Logging Road

 

Hiking the service road

We woke up to an overcast morning. It seemed like it was a little cooler than the other mornings. It was still in the 40s. 

We had breakfast and then went on a 6 mile hike on the old service road. Before starting up the trail we noticed the clouds were moving around and some were very dark. We decided to take a chance that the weather would be alright, the weather forecast said there was a small chance of rain in the afternoon. From the Minnie to the gate it's a half mile. We walked around the gate and continued up the road. We were about another half mile in the hike when saw a few grouse. They saw us and flew away, they look pretty when they fly. We stopped occasionally to look at the scenery and catch our breath. As we were looking at the Aspen trees we noticed some are starting to change color and losing their leaves. I guess fall is just around the corner. We hiked to the first Y and rested. We felt great so we continued for another half mile to a second Y, we found a rock to rest on before starting back. Where we stopped the elevation was at 10,000 feet, two days ago we were at 9885 feet in elevation. We had climbed  about 800 feet in elevation, great cardio workout. The adventure home was easier because we were going downhill. We had another outstanding hike.

 

A fallen tree with berries growing in it

When we got home it was lunchtime. Larry made lunch while I visited with our neighbors. It's always nice to meet new people. While was visiting I paid attention to their two Dachshunds. 

After lunch we relaxed in the Minnie and read. 

After dinner we hiked around the lake for 3.25 miles. As we hiked we saw people fishing, squirrels, chipmunks, pika and a lot of wildflowers. I took pictures of the overflow waterfall.  When we got back I walked around the campground for about an hour. Then I played my games Daily Challenges and Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 1 hour, 15 minutes and 7 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group. By the end of the day I had done 29,132 steps and a total of 12 miles. This put me in 5th place in my group with 100,379 steps.

 

The overflow waterfall
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth