Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Wednesday 9-15 Day of Driving

 

Hot Day

The high today in Hamlin Texas was 91 degrees, I miss Colorado.

While in Colorado the temperatures got down to the low 40s so when we went to bed we either used the electric heater when we had power or the Wave3 when we had no power. During the day it was normally in the 70's so we just opened the windows to keep us cool. As soon as we got back into Texas we had to start using the air conditioner. 

Larry drove 275 miles to Hamlin, Texas. We stopped occasionally to stretch our legs. While driving we saw a lot of farmlands and ranches with cattle. We drove through small towns. We stopped in Childress to fill the Minnie and have lunch. We ate Taco Bell once again. We stopped in Guthrie, Texas so I could take pictures of their sculpture of cowboys and horses. We were five miles outside of Hamlin when we had to stop twice because of construction. The first time was controlled by a light and the second was by flag people. I'm not sure which is more efficient. When we got to Hamlin we set up camp for the night and turned on the air conditioner. While Larry drove I napped now and than. 

 

The cowboys attending the horses

Leading the horses

After dinner I walked around Hamlin City Park for an hour. By the end of the day I did 25,115 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group with 71,159 steps. I still need to do an extra 4,000 to be at my goal for the week in my 175,000 steps challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth