Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, September 10, 2021

Thursday 9-9 More Hiking and a Bike Ride

 

Another gorgeous day in Gunnison National Forest

Today was the beginning of our third week on the road.

We woke up to a beautiful morning in the 40s and the electric heater running. It’s great having power even though we really don’t need it. If we have power we can use the microwave, leave the hot water heater on and keep everything charged. We still have to ensure we don’t run out of propane but we keep an eye on the level of the tank.

After breakfast we went on another 7 mile hike, the same one as yesterday. During the hike we saw a few squirrels and a few blue jays. When we were resting before turning around to go back I think I saw a ferret running around in the trees. By the time I explained where it was to Larry it had moved on. We were about a mile back when we heard the couple with the dog from yesterday coming behind us. They were hiking a lot faster than us so we let them go. As they were passing I said we saw you yesterday and I asked if they camped at Henry Lake, the lady said yes, and it was a nice night without any wind. I think I did a little better today crossing over South Lottis Creek via the logs. But Larry did help me at the end on both sides of the creek. We had another gorgeous peaceful hike. 

 

Crossing South Lottis Creek

On the way back we stopped so Larry could check email and the weather.

After lunch I did a little housekeeping. I swept out the Minnie, which doesn’t take too long considering its only 21 feet long. Afterwards we went for a motorcycle ride. Today we went the opposite direction and drove through a couple of campgrounds. They were small and one was for tent camping, it actually had a sign that said trailers weren’t recommended. As we drove through it we figured out why, there were deep ruts, the road was rough and the sites were very small. We also drove by a couple of hiking trails but they are blacks which means very strenuous. We parked in a very nice paved parking lot for people to launch their kayaks or go fishing. In order to get to the river you had to take a pathway which looked steep and narrow. There were a few fishermen in the parking lot. The ride was very beautiful because it was the main road that runs through the Gunnison National Forest and a mountain range.

After dinner I walked around the campground 6 laps for 3.25 miles. By the end of the night I had 29,000 steps. While walking around I met a lot of wonderful folks who encourage me by counting the laps with me. We had another super day in the Gunnison National Forest.

Here are pictures from my blog post on 9-7.

 

 

Aspen Ridge clubhouse


Bigfoot welcomes you to Aspen Ridge RV Park


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth