Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 21, 2020

Thursday 8-20 Creature of Habit

Same old routine
 

I am a creature of habit. Sometimes when my routine is changed I get upset but it doesn't normally take long for me to get over it. Over the years I have changed my routine by choice but this year I didn't have a choice, Coronavirus forced change upon me. This didn't upset me, I have adjusted to the situation.

On Thursdays we attend a virtual C1 dance with Dayle Hodge at 11:00 but this morning my normal routine was changed because we went to the lake. I usually don't mind but today we missed a virtual dance at 11:00. I don't know why I got upset because I like going to the lake and we have other virtual dances today. I got over it by the time we got to the lake. We hadn't been to the lake for about four weeks, the last time Larry pulled a muscle getting up on the wake surfer and he is still recovering. The first couple of weeks he was in quite a bit of pain and it still bothers him a bit. After launching the boat we found some smooth water and I got to water ski. Larry didn't ski because he didn't want to irritate the muscle. He wants to give it a couple more weeks to heal. We have a ski boat and the only way back into the boat is to pull yourself back up on the platform. We both went swimming and Larry had no problem getting back into the boat. Once we got the boat out of the lake we wiped it down. We had a very nice morning at the lake.

 

Water skiing on Lake Belton

Butterflies at Rogers Park ramp
 

When we got back home we had lunch. After lunch I mowed the backyard and weedeated around our neighbor's fence. It took me an hour. 

After I mowed I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 5 Pyramid and 5 Tri Peaks. It took me 40 minutes and 31 seconds, which put me in 7th place in my group. I spent hours in the last two days to solve the last game on my daily challenge August 18th I finally solved it. Now I have finished only the daily challenges for the month.

Yesterday, Larry made a couple of frames for our Pumpkin projects and the projects look great. Our weekly groceries were delivered to our front door around 1:00.

 

The paper frames Larry made.

 

Online grocery shopping

 

In the evening we attended two virtual square dances. The first was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 dance. Jeremy called four A2 tips and one C1 tip. During the A2 tips there were 45 people zoomed in and for the C1 tip there were 36. Jeremy did an outstanding job of calling. We had a great time.

The second dance was Loren Smith's weekly Plus dance. This week Loren invited Jeff Priest to Zoom in and help him call. During the dance Loren and Jeff called four tips. Three of the tips were two couples, Loren called one of the tips and Jeff called the other two. The fourth tip was a full square tip, Loren called it. Larry and I danced the two couples tips. I danced the four couples tip alone. Loren and Jeff did a super job of calling. We had a lot of fun.  

After the second dance I finished watching the second season of Agatha Raisin. I did 29,000 steps, which put me in 6th place in my group. For the week so far I did 106,000 steps.   

 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth