Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, August 31, 2020

Sunday 8-30 A Beautiful Summer Day

Enjoying the Summer
 

We had a beautiful summer day with a lot of sunshine. The temperature got to the low 100's.

I started the day off by playing some Microsoft Solitaire games. I did my daily challenges of five games. Then I moved onto the Event: Easy Street of five games. It took me 7 minutes and 45 seconds to complete, which put me in 7th place in my group. Then I moved on to the Star Club.

A few weeks ago we bought a small plate to use for a Cameo project. Today Larry decided to put waterslide decals on the plate. Before Larry does any of his projects he does some research. First he found some designs that he liked, next he cut the designs on normal paper using the Cameo. Then he played around with the paper designs to ensure he got the size correct and liked how they would work on the plate. Once he was happy with everything he cut the decals out of waterslide material. Then using warm water the labels slid off and he placed them on the plate. The finished project came out excellent. You can wash the plate but you can't put it in the dishwasher because the decals won't survive the washing.

 

Waterslide decals

 

We attended two virtual dances today. The first one was at 12:00, which was Don Moger's C1 dance. This was a new dance time for him and he had a great turn out, 49 people zoomed in. The dance was for an hour and a half. Whenever we dance to Don we have to think a lot, he puts you in positions you're not use to being in. Today some of the dancers were struggling with Tally Ho, which is a four couple call so after the dance he had a half hour workshop on Tally Ho and other calls. We had fun dancing to Don and the other dancers.

The second dance was Loren Smith's weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week Loren invited Jeff Priest to join us and help call the dance. We had 45 people zoomed in for the three A2 tips and 37 people zoomed in for the two C1 tips. Loren called the first tip of A2 and the two C1 tips. Jeff called the other two A2 tips. The second A2 tip that Jeff called was a four couple tip. I tried the tip but it was too complex because Jeff didn't cue and it was too hard to keep track of seven phantoms. We had a great time dancing to Loren and Jeff.

In between the dances we watched YouTube videos. I barbecued pork spare ribs for dinner.

 

Rack of ribs

 

 After the second dance I finished watching the second season of Striking Out. One bad thing about the Striking Out series is that the last episode of each season is a cliffhanger. I watched a few episodes of Yorkshire Vet. I ended up doing 24,000 steps. I made my personal goal for the day but ended up only doing 172,000 steps for the week and it put my in 7th place in my 175,000 step challenge group.          

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth