Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 14, 2020

Thursday 8-13 It's HOT

It's hot
 

We had another day of 100+ degrees. It's very hot, got to 104, thank goodness we have air conditioning.

I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango Mini, three Klondike games and three Pyramid games. It took me 9 minutes and 31 seconds to finish the event, which put me in 19th place in my group.

I couldn't decide what to do with the daisies and carnations I made so Larry decided to glue them to a foam ball. Then he put the ball on a metal stand. It looks great.  

     

My flowers on the foam ball
 

We attended three virtual dances today. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly C1 dance. Once again Don Moger co-called with Dayle. The dance was at 11:00 our time and we had 60 people participating via Zoom. The dancing was very challenging at times, especially when we worked on the four couple concepts like Interlocking Diamonds. This concept was very hard to see where you're suppose to go because you don't have the full diamond. We had a super time dancing with Dayle and Don all week.

The second dance was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:00. We had 43 people participating in the four A2 tips and 37 in the C1 tip. This week Jeremy tried something a little different, he worked with different moves and told designated dancers to do a certain move, such as ladies trade. We also worked with four couples at time and he called moves for us to do. This made the dancing more challenging but it was fun.

The third dance was Loren Smith's weekly Plus dance. This week he invited Ray Brandzy to call with him. We had 45 people participating in the dance. We danced four tips, three were two couples and the fourth one was four couples square. I danced the four couples tip by myself and completed most of the moves.We had a great time dancing to Loren and Ray.

When Larry went to bed I watched two movies on Amazon. The first movie was Still Life: A Three Pines Mystery. It was a detective movie where they solved a murder of a school teacher in the small town of Three Pines. It was good because there were twist and turns on who did the murder. The second movie was Belonging. The movie was about a husband, who leaves his wife for another woman. The wife was left to take care of elderly relatives. It was also a good movie. I ended up doing 27,600 steps. Garmin corrected the download problem and corrected me for the 3,000 steps. By the end of today I had 98,900 steps so far this week, which put me in fifth place in my group.        

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth