Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, August 3, 2020

Sunday 8-2 Flowers From The Husband

Sunny hot day

We started the day out by going for a walk. We've been busy in the mornings and its hot in the afternoons so we haven't been for a walk in a bit. We didn't have anything on the agenda this morning so off to Crossroads Park we went. The sun was shining so we wanted to have some shade during our walk. Larry parked by the soccerfields because its close to Pepper Creek Trail. As we walked we saw a lot of people walking. Some folks were walking their dogs. When we were finishing up our walk we saw a few disc golf players. We walked about two miles. It was a great walk.


Crossroads entrance sign



After our walk I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango, which had 10 games of Klondike and 10 games of Spider. It took me 1 hour, 52 minutes and 18 seconds to complete, which put me in 14th place in my group.

Then I worked on my puzzle. While I was doing my puzzle Larry did another project, making flowers. The first flower he made was out of colored paper. He put the paper on a pad and put it on the Cameo. Then the Cameo cut out the pattern for a flower. Each sheet of paper made one flower. Once the pattern was cut Larry wrapped the pattern around a dowel rod until the pattern formed the flower. He did an outstanding job. He made five flowers and presented them to me. How nice of my husband to make me flowers.


Red flower made out of cardstock paper

The flowers I received from Larry

White flower made out of cardstock paper


We attended two virtual square dances. The first one was a DBD Plus at 1:30. The Dixie Cups regular caller was attending another virtual dance this week so they invited Doran McBroom to call. Doran invited Mark Franks to co-call with him. Doran is out of Maryland and Mark is out of New Jersey. A nice thing about virtual square dancing is the callers can be anywhere. Dancers also Zoom in from all over the country and other countries such as Australia, Japan and Europe. For this dance we had 20 people zoomed in. Doran and Mark both called three tips. The dance was a lot of fun.

The second dance was at 7:30, this was Loren Smith's weekly A2/C1 dance. Loren invited Don Moger to come and help him call. The format tonight was three A2 tips and two C1 tips. The third A2 tip was four couple square concepts so we sat it out. We had 62 people zoomed in for the A2 tips of the dance and 46 for the C1 tips. We had a great time dancing to both Loren and Don.

In between the dances we watched YouTube videos. I worked on my puzzle.

After Larry went to bed I continued watching the sixth season of Psych. I did 24,000 steps, which gave me 178,000 steps for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth