Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Wednesday 8-19 Doing This & That

Having fun doing this & that

 

We started the day out by taking the Minnie for its monthly drive. As we drove we ran the generator just to keep it working correctly. We didn't go too far we just wanted to make sure that the Minnie stays running correctly. Larry keeps the batteries charged all the time by using a trickle charging system.

 

Taking the Minnie for a ride
 

We attended two virtual dances. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly A2 dance. We had 47 people zoomed in. Dayle has been doing the weekly dance for six weeks and he noticed the same dancers zoomed in. The dancers are getting more comfortable with the virtual dancing so Dayle has been introducing more complex moves. He still cues us through the moves and walk us through moves the dancers are having problems with. We had a great time.

The second dance was Doran McBroom's weekly C1 dance. This week he invited Bill Harrison to come and help call the dance. The dance was an hour and a half and we had 33 people zoomed in. Both Bill and Doren called three tips a piece. We had a fantastic time.

In between the dances we kept busy doing this and that. I mowed the frontyard. It had been a couple of weeks since I mowed. It has been so hot and dry the yards don't need to be mowed every week like I usually do. While I mowed Larry weedeated, blew out the garage and the porches and driveway. It took me forty-five minutes to mow. It was in the mid 90's so I'll mow the backyard tomorrow. 

 

Mowing the frontyard
 

After mowing and I cooled off and did some housework. I did my daily challenges and The Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 2 hours, 8 minutes and 30 seconds, which put me in 18th place in my group.

 

It's time to vacuum the house
 

Larry did a couple of small projects on the Cameo. Yesterday he put a vinyl covering on his drink cup and today he made two frames. We're having a great time playing with the Cameo machine.

  

 

In the evening we watched an Amazon movie called The Tourist. It starred Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. It was about an American tourist named Frank, who goes to Italy to mend a broken heart and meets an extraordinary woman, Elise. It's a action, adventure, crime movie. It was very good. Afterwards I finished watching the first season of Agatha Raisin and started watching the second season. I ended up doing 27,000 steps.  

     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth