Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Tueday 8-25 Boating and Dancing

Don't worry and be happy
 

 

I hope everyone had a great day. 

We started out the day by going to Lake Belton. There was very little wind so the lake was almost flat except for a few wakes from boats. Larry is still being careful with his pulled muscle but I did a set of wake boarding. It took me three times to get up because I wasn't letting the board roll up before getting out of the squat position. Once I was up the set was very nice. Then we both got in the lake to swim. We had a super time at the lake.

 

Wiping down the boat
 

We attended two virtual dances. The first dance was Di Green's weekly two hour A1/A2 Workshop at 1:30. For the A1 we had 35 people participating and A2 had 26. Di and Terry took turns calling. Each session we danced five tips. There was a fifteen minute break between the session. Di and Terry both did a great job of cueing throughout the workshop. We had a lot of fun.

The second dance was Don Moger's weekly A2 Dance for an hour and a half at 6:00. Don called six tips. We had 80 people participating in the zoom. Don did a lot of cueing and walk through during the dance because we had a few new people to virtual square dancing. We had a great time.

 


In between the dances I read. I played my Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenges and Event: Tri Peak Mini of 5 games. It took me 8 minutes and 48 seconds to complete, which put me in 12th place in my group. Once in a while Microsoft will have a special day where the players will earn double the points on certain games. The points just put you in a different level in that Solitaire game. Today the special day was Tri Peak Tuesday and any Tri Peak game you play your points double.  

After the last dance we watched an Amazon movie called Flamekeeper: Michael Cleveland Story.  It was a documentary about Michael Cleveland, he is one of the greatest fiddle players alive. He was born with a cleft palate and blind and lost 80% of his hearing at an early age, he didn't let this slow him down from accomplishing his dreams. It was a good documentary. As I was browsing through Bosch I found out I didn't watch the fifth season so I started to watch it. Then I watched an episode of Yorkshire Vet, it's a reality television show on Acorn. I ended up doing 26,500 steps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth