Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Saturday 8-1 Fun Day



Wow, what a beautiful day! We had a free day with no virtual square dancing. In the last week we danced seventeen dances. We're thankful that the dances are only an hour long.

Larry spent the day playing with the new printer and the Cameo. He did two projects. The first project was making a light box for the layered flag he built last week. He used  a battery powered LED light strip and some foam board that was left over from making a frame. Using the same foam board he also built an easel for it to stand on. The light strip has a controller, where you can change the mode and color. It came out outstanding.


The flag with white lights

The flag with red lights

The final project with lights off


The second project was making stickers. Larry used nine figures he found on the internet. Before printing them on the sticker paper he printed them on card stock to see how they looked. Then he printed the figures on our new color printer and the Cameo cut them out. What is great about the Cameo, it has a mode for cutting stickers. The stickers came out great. I put a few of them on my new light.


Figures on paper stock

The finished stickers project

Stickers on my light


While Larry did his projects I worked on my puzzle. I also did my daily challenges and The Event, Spider Mini of five games. Today Microsoft Solitaire had a special day called Spider Saturday, where every spider game you played your points doubled. The event took me 15 minutes and 34 seconds to finish, which put me in 26th place in my group.


In the evening we watched Opry Live Circle, which is a live performance of country singers at the Grand Ole Oprey. This week the performers were Vince Grill, Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell. This program is every Saturday night on 24-5 on our television. The performance was for an hour. Then we watched American Folk, which was an Amazon movie starring Joe Purdy and Amber Rubarth. It was about two strangers who were stranded in California because of 9/11. They were folk singers, who did a road trip together form California to New York. Then I finished up the fifth season and started the sixth season of Psych. I did 26,000 steps.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth