Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 3, 2020

Thursday 7-2 Walking, Mowing and Dancing

Awesome Day

We had an awesome day. The temperature got up to 100 degrees today.

We started the day out by going for a walk on Pepper Creek Trail. We walked for a half hour. It was hot and humid with a breeze. There were trees here and there that kept us cool. When we walked in the open it was hot. During our walk we saw a lot of people walking their dogs, jogging and playing disc golf. We saw a couple of guys trimming trees that were growing over the pads of the  disc golf course. We had a nice walk.

When we got back home I did my daily challenges and The Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 48 minutes and 43 second, which put me in 19th place in my group. I also worked on my puzzle. Larry finished reading a book.

After lunch we mowed the frontyard and backyard. I mowed the front, which took me a little over an hour. It was very hot and humid so I had to take a break. While I mowed Larry weedeated. When I was resting Larry finished mowing the backyard. Once I was rested I finished weedeating. After Larry finished mowing he blew off the lawn mower, driveway and front porch.  It took us an hour and half.

Today we participated in three virtual square dances.

At 11:00 we did a special virtual A2/C1 dance with Dayle Hodge. Dayle wanted to practice the tips he was going to do on Saturday at the Take A Peak Convention. He called A2 the first half hour and C1 the last half hour. The A2 tips had 30 people participating via Zoom, the C1 tips had 29. Dayle did an outstanding job, he cued a lot and this helped the dancers get through the tips. After each tip the dancers gave him some feedback and he was very grateful for it.

Next up was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 dance. This week the dance was for 40 minutes. He did three A2 tips and one C1 tip. Jeremy called a little faster this week and called more challenging moves so it made it more complex. At times we broke down but we had fun. There were 36 participants.

The third dance was Loren Smith's weekly Plus dance. Loren called three tips, two were two couples tips and the last tip was a full square. We have decided we don't care for the full square tips, it is simply too difficult to keep track of 6 phantoms. We had 28 participants. We had a couple of people from Australia and one person from Japan. We had a good time.

After the dances we danced to Johnny Preston two couple A2 tip on tape. We worked with this tip for a little over a half hour. We had fun.

After square dancing I continued watching The Expanse. I did 26,000 steps, which put me in second place in my group.

      


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth