Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Tuesday 7-14 Two Virtual Plus Dances

It is hot!!!!

This was the fifth day in a row that it got up to 100 or higher. Today it officially got to 104 degrees in Belton/Temple area. It was windy.

We started the day out by going to the storage center to take the Minnie for its monthly drive. Larry tries to do this once a month when we're not using it to keep the Minnie running correctly. While taking the Minnie for a drive we run the generator.


Taking the Minnie for a ride


We attended two virtual plus dances today. The first dance was at 11:00 with Dayle Hodge. Dayle had 33 participants on Zoom. Some of the participants were single people but the majority were couples so there were more than 33 people dancing. Dayle is a pleasure to dance to because he cues the whole time. He sights calls so he knows when the dancers are having problems. When dancers have problems he will walk us through the move. He explains the move first and then he has the dancers dance the move while he cues it. It's always nice to be able to just dance without stress. We had an outstanding time.

The second plus dance was at 6:30 to 8:00 with Dick Otis and Bill Harrison. We had 44 participants. This was the first time that Dick Otis had done a Zoom dance so there were a few mistakes but that was ok, he still did a great job. Dick and Bill did three tips a piece. We had a super time dancing to Dick and Bill. 

In between the dances I did my daily challenges and The Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 36 minutes and 20 seconds, which put me in 28th place in my group. We watched YouTube videos and I worked on my puzzle.
 
After the second dance we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders. I watched a couple of movies on Amazon, Cover with Chocolate and Footloose. Cover with Chocolate was a murder detective movie and was good. It has been years since I watched Footloose and it was still a good movie. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in first place in my group.


Relaxing in front of the television

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth