Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 17, 2020

Thursday 7-16 A Beautiful Day




We had a beautiful day with a lot of sun and a breeze. It got up to 102 degrees.

The other day when we got back from going to the lake we saw a squirrel in our bird feeder. It was having a great time eating the sunflower seeds and other goodies. Larry scared it away. This wasn't the first time a squirrel has been in the feeder. To try and stop this Larry used a thin plastic shield and attached it to the bottom of the front of the feeder. The squirrel showed up and checked the feeder out. It didn't take long for the squirrel to figure out how to get in the feeder. It got on one of the hummingbird feeders and jumped onto the roof of the bird feeder. Larry saw him do it and tapped on the window, the squirrel ignored him. So Larry unlocked the back door and the squirrel jumped off the feeder onto the railing. Then it jumped to the ground and ran away. He came back this morning and Larry once again tapped on the window, didn't work. So he opened the back door the squirrel ran away. Larry did some research on how to prevent squirrels from getting into your bird feeder. There were a lot of suggestions, some worked for some of the folks but not for others. 


How can I get to the food

The bird feeder modification with the plastic shield
     

In the morning I did my daily challenges and The Event: Tango Thursday, which had 5 games of Tri Peaks. It took me 16 minutes and 11 seconds. It put me in 20th place in my group. Then I worked on my puzzle.

At 11:00 we attended Dayle Hodge's weekly C1 Virtual Dance. We had 52 people sign in to Zoom. Dayle called a great dance. He called the moves in some weird positions. When we took a break after the tips people gave Dayle feedback. Most of the moves Dayle cued but sometimes you can't figure out what happened and why you weren't in the correct spot. We had a fun time.

In the evening we attended two Virtual Weekly Dances. The first was Jeremy Butler's A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy had 38 people on Zoom. He called a challenging dance by calling the calls out of positions I'm not used to being in. He didn't cue much. I did a lot better on the C1 tip than the three A2 tips. My problem is once I get confused I can't figure it out and I have to go back home. Larry tries to help me get to the right place but I get more confused. Thank you, Larry for trying to help me. 

The second dance was Loren Smith's Plus Dance at 8:00. Loren had 31 people attending his dance. He invited Gary Smith to call one tip. He did very easy patterns. He did very well considering it was his first time to do a virtual tip. Loren called three tips himself, the last tip was a four couple tip. We sat this one out because we can't keep track of three phantom couples. We had a great time dancing because we didn't have to think too hard.

In the afternoon I did some housework and laundry. I have been neglecting this chore. When we were going to Sun City to square dance I usually did my housework once a week but now I'm not too motivated to do so. I'm going to try to do my housework once a week.

After Loren's dance I watched the second season of The Bench. I did 21,500 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group. I went over my goal of 20,500 but I'm behind my challenge goal by 2,000 steps. We had a busy day of dancing and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth