Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, July 31, 2020

Thursday 7-30 Busy Day of Virtual Dancing

Square dancing virtually with friends



We started the day by going to town to pick up our mail at the UPS Store. While in town we stopped buy The Dollar Tree to pick up a few items we couldn't get at Walmart. On the way home we stopped at Jack 'n' Jill and bought a couple of donuts.

Today we attended four virtual square dances. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly C1 dance at 11:00 am. We had 38 people zoomed in. Dayle cues and helps the dancers through each tip to make sure everyone gets through the tip. The third tip was a workshop tip where he walked us through Box Transfer in different positions. Today was his girlfriend, Cathy's birthday so we sang Happy Birthday to her. We had a great time dancing to Dayle.

The second dance was Joachim Ruhenbeck's C1/C2 dance. We attended the C1 dance, it started at 12:30 pm. We had 48 people zoomed in. Joachim is a very steady caller, if you spend too much time thinking about what went wrong you fall behind. The dance was challenging and fun. Joachim is the caller who sets up two cameras. We watch the back camera, which makes it easy for us to see where we should be when we fall behind. Joachim is a very good caller.

The third dance was Jeremy Butler's weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:00 pm. This week Jeremy called 4 A2 tips and 1 C2 tip. We had 40 people zoomed in. Jeremy did an outstanding job of calling the dance. He was very steady and challenging. We had a lot of fun.

The fourth dance was Loren Smith's weekly Plus dance at 8:00 pm. This week Loren called 4 tips. We had 41 people zoomed in. We did three of the tips because they were two couple tips. We didn't do the last tip because it was a four couples square. We had a great time.

In between the dances I worked out for a half hour with my Wii Fit and a half hour with Just Dance. I worked on my puzzle.

Larry received the re-build kit for the septic pump so he rebuilt our old pump. Now we have a backup pump.

I did my daily challenges and The Event: Pyramid Mini, which had 10 games. Today when ever I did a Pyramid games the points were doubled. It took me 54 minutes and 43 seconds, which put me in 27th place in my group.


Having fun working out


After Larry went to bed I continued watching the fifth season of Psych. I did 23,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth