Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Saturday 7-18 A New Toy

Smile and be happy

After a week of having the temperature in the 100's, we had a break, today it didn't get out of the high 90's. We had a super day.

Larry started the day out by going to Walmart at 7:00am to pick up our groceries. They were out of stock on two items. On the way home he swung by Jack 'n' Jill Donuts to buy us a couple of donuts. While he was gone I was still sleeping.

By the time I woke up our groceries were put away and Larry had finished eating. After breakfast I did more daily challenges and The Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. I had a nice surprise from Microsoft, every spider game I solved my points were doubled. It took me 14 minutes and 23 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. 

We're out of projects to do and Larry is looking for some kind of new hobby. He decided to buy a Silhouette Cameo 4. He placed an order a week ago and while waiting for it to arrive he ordered some supplies he knew he would need, they arrived a few days ago. The actual Cameo 4 arrived after lunch today. The Cameo 4 is a desktop cutting machine used to cut different designs, you can design your own or download them from the internet, some are free some you purchase. The machine doesn't come with any directions but you can watch YouTube videos or read about how to use the machine on the web. It was easy to setup. Once Larry had the machine setup he played with it. He cut a design on cardstock paper and adhesive vinyl, they came out great. The software to control the machine is very powerful and is a bit difficult to learn. Tomorrow we'll play more with the machine to learn more about the Cameo 4.


The Cameo 4 machine

The first cut Larry did using cardstock paper

The same design on adhesive vinyl

We attended two virtual dances. The first dance was at 1:00 to 2:30 dancing C1 to Ett and Di Green from England. Both Ett and Di called 3 tips. The first tip was a little tough for me I'm not sure why. I think maybe it was because Di had a strong accent and the music was too loud. The second tip Di called was a lot better. I think as the dance went on I got better. We had 57 people for the dance. Even though I made mistakes I still had a great time. Ett and Di did a good job of calling.

The second dance was at 4:00 to 5:00 dancing plus to David Mee and Mike Seastrom. David and Mike called five tips together. Four tips were Plus and the last tip was A2. We had 52 people in the Plus and 48 in the A2. David and Mike did a super job of calling the dance and we had a great time.

In the evening we finished watching the 20th season of Midsomer Murders. Then I continued watching the first season of Psych. I did 26,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth