Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Wednesday 7-1 Walking and C1 Virtual Dance

It's summer
Officially summertime started on June 20th. Our summer has been pretty mild, the temperature hasn't gotten out of the 90's. The last couple of weeks we have had a lot of wind.

This morning we went on a walk at Crossroads Park. We walked a little longer. It was humid but there was a wind out of the south so it didn't feel too bad. We didn't even feel the humidity until we got back to the car. We saw a couple of the baseball batting areas being used. As we walked by the church we noticed the daycare center was closed, which was a surprise because they usually have a lot of kids playing in the playground.

When we got home I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango, 5 games of Klondike and 5 games of Free Cell. By the time I finished I was in 18th place in my group. 

At 1:00 we met virtually with Ett for her Wednesday C1 Dance/Workshop. We had 51 people participating. We successfully completed probably half of the calls. Dancing with Ett is very challenging, she tries to explain moves but many times she does not use the official definitions, this confuses me and is frustrating. 

After the dance we changed out the bird feed in the feeder because there was only sunflower seeds left. After replacing the feed we saw a continuous stream of birds, I guess they prefer the fruit and nuts over the sunflower seeds. We put the extra sunflower seeds in a bowl for the squirrel but we haven't seen him yet. 

I watered my flowers and worked on my puzzle. Larry read. 


Flowers are still blooming

In the evening we watched YouTube videos. We watched a documentary on Amazon called The Conscientious Objector about Desmond Doss life. He was a U.S. medic, who refused to carry a gun and was the first conscientious objector awarded a Medal of Honor. It was a great documentary about Desmond sticking to his religious belief during World War II and becoming a hero. I finished watching the second season of The Expanse and started watching the third season. I did 26,000 steps.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth